Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

BMC early launch but no Bicycles yet??
Quote | Reply
Hi, I'm wonder how is the BMC availability of 2021 bicycles right now in other countries. Me, my wife and my brother in law order new 2021 bikes along with some friends around the launch date July 17th, but so far our local store keeps telling us a different story every week. I called BMC (CA) a few times and of course the answer is the 2020 winner "Due to covid-19...." I mean, I understand covid issues around the world and how affects production, but why make a big fuss about BMC 2021 bikes on july if you have no production whatsoever? At least other brands like Scott or Cervelo are more honest, most of their middle range electronic group bikes are due to march 2021.

So are BMC flowing around Europe for example and not in America? Is this BMC marketing strategy for winning over their competitors, the old trick of advertising products that you don't have yet and won't be making until several months later just to get you hooked up early?

In any case if you are planning to buy a new bike (anybrand) just be aware of delivery times, specially if you are dealing with BMC brand...

And if you know a brand or represent one that have availability of 2021 models (Sram Force range) please DM

Warm regards
Quote Reply
Re: BMC early launch but no Bicycles yet?? [rodriguezfelix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Part of the problem is that all the suppliers keep revising their timetables. What we expected back in July to be able to ship this fall is now completely off the table. I would expect that BMC and most others are having the same issues. Even if you have frames ready to go, if your suppliers can't get you drivetrains or brakes, or even just tires, you don't have bikes to ship...

"I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10, and I don't know why!"
Quote Reply
Re: BMC early launch but no Bicycles yet?? [Warbird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeap, and that's why brands like Cervelo or Scott have most of they delivery dates up to march '21 and they are no running around promising earlier delivery dates...

My issue is actually that, why BMC do an early launch of their 2021 production line if out of 17 bikes the store have ordered (in this particular case) in 3 months they aren't able to ship not even one as of today... it seems to me just a bad marketing strategy beacause people already are turnning their orders to other brands.

Just like that.

Warm regards.
Quote Reply