Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

BMC TM02 fit critique
Quote | Reply
hi all,

wouldja mind giving me some feedback on my fit here? I am 5'9" and have a BMC TM02 in size medium short. I put a 110mm 6 degree stem on the front but as you can see, I've got spacers for days. one thing that has occurred to me is - that since i have a relatively long stem and so many spacers - that i purchased a size too small for the frame.

FWIW, I used to have a 90mm 6 degree stem but I felt really cramped length wise.

thoughts?

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/Lls5ul0
Quote Reply
Re: BMC TM02 fit critique [johnj121591] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you shoot a video from the side?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The TM02 M-S is an unusual beast; with 25mm more stack than their size S, but 16mm less reach. It's really a short TT bike, length-wise. Not sure who it's aimed at. Seems made more for a small rider who needs a more relaxed, upright position than for a mid-sized rider....except the standover might not work for that shorter rider. I'll let the fitting experts chime in on whether you personally can get a good fit on this frame or not.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: Dec 10, 18 8:55
Quote Reply
Re: BMC TM02 fit critique [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For people with UCI Legal config.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
johnj121591 wrote:

thoughts?

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/Lls5ul0

this is not the right sized bike for you

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: BMC TM02 fit critique [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah that's kind of what I've been figuring. I think the guy who sold it to me sold me the M-S thinking it was halfway between a small and a medium and not really doing his homework on the fact that it is a completely different geometry
Quote Reply