Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

BMC Integrated cockpit
Quote | Reply
I’m a long time reader of the Slowtwitch newsletter and an age group triathlete. I just recently purchased a 2018 BMC TM01 bike with the integrated front cockpit. After my bike fit session I still find the position of the arm rests to be too narrow which causes me pain on the front of my shoulders (both, but worse on the right side). As it is integrated and in a V shape, the only way to separate the arm pads is to raise the whole thing or that’s what I think since the pads are already on the outermost holes of the pad base. Do you know of any other way to open that without raising the position altogether? Would you recommend that I change the whole cockpit to a non integrated option (assuming that’s possible)?

Thank you for your input.
Quote Reply
Re: BMC Integrated cockpit [dfgomez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Buy the flat cockpit if your fit permits. That’s your only other option.
Quote Reply
Re: BMC Integrated cockpit [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike
Thanks for your reply but I'm not sure I'm following you. By flat you mean the non integrated version like the one on the TM02?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With the TM01 you have only two cockpit options, the V system that’s included with complete bikes or a Flat system that you have to buy. Both are integrated. The V is more relaxed it has more stack, the Flat is more aggressive less slack. This is the Flat cockpit

Last edited by: mike s: Jul 23, 18 15:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dfgomez wrote:
I’m a long time reader of the Slowtwitch newsletter and an age group triathlete. I just recently purchased a 2018 BMC TM01 bike with the integrated front cockpit. After my bike fit session I still find the position of the arm rests to be too narrow which causes me pain on the front of my shoulders (both, but worse on the right side). As it is integrated and in a V shape, the only way to separate the arm pads is to raise the whole thing or that’s what I think since the pads are already on the outermost holes of the pad base. Do you know of any other way to open that without raising the position altogether? Would you recommend that I change the whole cockpit to a non integrated option (assuming that’s possible)? Thank you for your input.

i don't have that bike in front of me, have never worked on it, and don't know what i'm talking about. but, just looking at it, i'm a tinkerer. i'm not happy unless my tri bike has at least one home made thing on it. if it were my bike - and i'm not saying you should do it - i'd probably make a flat plate that would span the distance between the two armrest cradles and extend a little past each one. i'd drill holes in it allowing me to affix it to the armrest cradles via the holes in the cradles, and then i'd drill new holes where i want to attach my armrests. then i'd drill holes in the middle of this span for a water bottle cage and put my front hydration there.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: BMC Integrated cockpit [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the explanation! I'm fine with the stack where it is now. I just need my elbows to be more open or diagonal and not so close together. I wonder if I can do that with the flat cockpit. I will look into it.
Quote Reply