Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Azoto vs. Neoprene seat cover
Quote | Reply
I have a Selle San Marco Era saddle and am thinking of upgrading to a more plush ride for my rear end. I am considering between just adding on a neoprene cover (QR) or totally swapping out the saddle for an Azoto Tri Gel.

I have read that some of you have even wrapped your Azoto in a neoprene cover. Does that mean that the neoprene cover itself does not do much good over my existing saddle..? Please help me make a decision on what to do.

If I do swap saddles, is there anybody out there looking for a Selle San Marco Era saddle? Its the saddle that came with my stock '03 Trek 5200. Email me if you are interested.

Paul..
Quote Reply
Re: Azoto vs. Neoprene seat cover [Paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have wrapped my Azoto with a QR cover. A word of advice, the QR cover barely fits over the nose of the Azoto, so be careful. Nevertheless, both products are well designed and worth the $. I think that I would try the QR cover over an existing saddle first, and if that isn't to your liking then you can drop the coin on an Azoto. All things being equal (and they're not) go with the cheaper solution first. eric

---------------------------------------------
Everything changes, everything is connected; pay attention. -- Buddhism in 7 words
Quote Reply
Re: Azoto vs. Neoprene seat cover [tricam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As mentioned, I would put a neoprene cover on your Era (which I happen to think is a pretty cushy ride to begin with, but I digress) and then buy the Azoto.

I bought the Aspide and really like it, but I actually think it's a stiffer ride than the Era, but much lighter. (I suspect the Azoto is similar, just heavier)

Good luck.

=============
Adam Duncan
New York, NY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought covers for both my bike and the wife's to cover a Serfas and Selle Italia prolink respectively. We did not have any serious issues with the saddles but looking for a bit more padding. The QR covers work as advertised, they are a cheap solution as compared to the Azoto. I cant comment on the Selle San M's tri saddles as I have very limited time testing them out. If I had the option I would spec one of them on a new bike.

Quote | Reply
I'm with Tricam, I put a QR cover on my Azoto. My ass/crotch still hurts after 5hours, but it's much better than my old saddle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you do decide to put the QR over your existing saddle, be sure to check your fit from saddle to bottom dead center (or just off center as Dan recommends), and adjust if necessary. Sometimes the additional material can ad height. Just a suggestion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ride the Azoto with a QR cover over it. 6+ hours in the saddle at IM USA and no complaints from the back seat. Note that the only way to get that cover on that seat is to turn the cover inside-out and then "roll" it back onto the seat.
Quote Reply
Re: Azoto vs. Neoprene seat cover [Julian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the suggestions... I went out and got myself a QR cover and slapped it on. I did not get to ride it yet but just sat on the bike in the garage. It sure feels like sitting on gel.

U know how when a bike looks really fast even while its just sittng there in the garage, well, slapping the seat cover has made my bike look like the total opposite. It now looks like a recreation bike with a big ass sofa attached to the end of the seatpost.

QR sure as hell is not score high in the aesthetics department.

I'm sure the ride will be much better though...

Paul

Paul..
Quote Reply