Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Azoto (Q)
Quote | Reply
I have been seriously considering putting the Azoto tri seat on my tri bike, but I have a couple questions for all of you that own one. First, does the rear part of the saddle offer any comfort. If not, does a De Soto seat pad fit on it. Second, How wide is the nose? (in inches or centimeters) Length and rear width I have already checked and it is the same as my current saddle. Third, has any one tried the new azoto apside? I was wondering if it is also skinnier or just shorter.
The Saddle Sore Gopher

I don't work here, I just live here
Quote Reply
Re: Azoto (Q) [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had mine on for 3 months and over to 1000 miles

the nose is 1 3/4 wide. the rear feels the same to me as my flite saddle did. It took some time to dial the saddle in. It is 3/4" taller rail to saddle top than the flite [make sure you measure before swapping] and it has a weird optical illusion to what is level [the rear is supposed to slope up]. I finally took a small level and placed it on the last 2" of the nose brought than section to just below level [very slight nose down] and from then on i have really enjoyed the comfort of the saddle on both long [4-5 hr rides] and short rides regardless if I'm in the aero postion or on the hoods.

eric

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check slowtwitch for the new review of the new San Marco Apside saddle. Dan Empfield wrote that he put a neopren seat cover on it like he has one on his Azoto.

I like the Azoto Triathlete Gel very much. It is as comfortable without Neopren cover as my old saddle with a DeSoto neopren cover. For onger rides I will put the seatcover over my Azoto.

Felix

http://www.weilenmann.ch.vu
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a De Soto seat cover on my Azoto. I thought it was comfortable without the cover but my legs wore off the sides on the saddle at the nose. The material on the cover allows my legs to slide against it without much friction.
Quote Reply
Re: Azoto (Q) [Bri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just changed to the Azoto and made sure I levelled the nose first. This has caused a bit of knee pain (I guess from pushing myself back up the tilt at the back of the saddle). I have now tilted the nose ever so slightly upwards and the knee pain seems to have gone away.

Otherwise, incredibly comfortable saddle - no numbness and no pain!
Quote Reply