Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Australia Racing
Quote | Reply
Although I realize there is limited interest in draft-legal racing in this forum, the Australia Accenture series is probably the most competitive set of short races in the world. There are some noteworthy results this year. Barb Lindquist has been awesome in all formats (sprint to enduro to olympic distance). I saw her race at the Sydney Opera House in enduro format and even though she was directed off course by the marshalls she still won easily over a great field (and she was the oldest competitor). Last weekend she won by a minute over Loretta Harop in an olympic distance race. Chris Mccormack was fifth and 37 seconds behind the winner Chris Hill in the men's race. Not bad for a guy training for Ironman Australia (he has said he thinks he can beat the Australia Ironman course record of 8:06).

Andrew Inkpen
Quote Reply
Re: Australia Racing [a.i.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lindquist has to be the most dominant triathlete at any distance since Lindley left the scene. At that last race, she held up on the bike because of the wind to wait for Harrop, who got out of T2 faster. She won that last race, convincingly, entirely on the run.

I would like to see her at Kona but they won't invite her, she has to qualify like everyone else and you can bet, with the Lifetime Fitness purse where it is she won't let any diversions enter the equation.

At Lifetime Fitness, my money will be on Barb again.

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply