Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Attn: Yaqui owners
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to decide whether to go with the Mariola or the Carbo. Which one are you riding and why? Basically want to know wether the extra $$ for the Carbo is worth it. Thanks a bunch.
Quote Reply
Re: Attn: Yaqui owners [Luntzy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a carbo which is awesome. I haven't ridden the mariola so can't compare the two. Check the archives of slowtwitch, I think Dan reviews both bikes and makes some comparison notes. He stated that the carbo was stiffer in the rear triangle. Is this a big difference, probably not, but the black carbon rear stays look pretty cool with the red frame. It's a great bike made custom to my detailed measurements. I highly reccomend Yaqui.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Luntzy,

I ride a Mariola and have been very satisfied with it. Finances were the main reason why I purchased the Mariola instead of the Carbo, so I can't provide you with any sort of cost/benefit assessment of the carbon stays. In my opinion though, you really can't go wrong with either bike. Ves is a real gentleman who produces great frames, stands behind his work, and will continue to help with "fit" issues long after you've purchased your bike. I highly recommend buying ANY Yaqui. Feel free to e-mail me directly if you have any specific questions.

Michael Bey
Quote Reply
Re: Attn: Yaqui owners [Michael Bey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seconding what Michael stated above I highly recommend buying any Yaqui. Had my Mariola for just on a year after deciding to put the difference between the Mariola and the Carbo into wheels. The Mariola rides like a dream, very comfortable on training rides or races, even considering WI road conditions. Was skeptical without having seen one before making the purchase, but dealing with Ves is a pleasure - you can be sure the fit will be what you are looking for, and YaquiUSA is also great for any other parts for the bikes you didn't get from him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm quite pleased with my Mariola. Only issue is with getting comfortable for long distances in the more forward position which I do not ride too often. Might be a slight position tweak or saddle change. Otherwise, great frame, great looks, and very well made.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't add much that hasn't already been said. I bought my Mariola shortly before the carbo came out. I have been very happy with it and it is definitely stiff enough for me. I don't think you can go wrong either way. My only personal experience with the carbo was in Ves's shop. Ves had me grab the rear dropouts on a carbo and then grab the dropouts on a mariola. You can definitely tell the carbo has more lateral stiffness. It's probably worth the extra $$ if you have it, but then maybe you could put that extra dough into high end accessories too. Bottom line though, if it says Yaqui on the downtube, you're all set.

Kyle Handley
Quote Reply