Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Attention Yaqui Owners.
Quote | Reply
In about a month, I will be ready to purchase yet another frame. I have been looking to go with a full carbon bike as I plan on racing mostly long course with a few OLY's and Sprints here and there.

My desicion to go with Carbon is based primarily on the comfort factor. Yet, the full Carbon bikes that I am looking at include:

1. Aegis Trident - Built in US

2. Kestrel Arifoil - built in Tiawan

Now my dilemma is as so: I have been eying the Carbo up since last year, but have not been able to test ride this frame. I do not doubt Ves's ability to make a quality frame, but am more so looking to compare the ride quality of the Carbo versus a full carbon frame. I am looking to hear from anyone who ownes one of these bikes to provide some feedback based on the performance of this frame and the ride quality (using Sc as a blend). No doubt carbon is good, but the frames on the market might limit a precise fit for me. I know with Ves, my fitting and comfort issues will be addressed.

Any info would be most greatly appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Attention Yaqui Owners. [Graz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Graz,

I was in the same position about six weeks ago. I was looking at the Kestrel Talon SL, the Giant Composite and the Bianchi Carbon. I rode all but the Bianchi (couldn't find one in my size), and the feel of carbon is great - I was aiming my friend's Giant at rough patches in the road and the bike glided over them.

The problem that I kept running in to was sizing - none of them were "right" for me - 6' tall, 34 inseam. I decided that rather than compromise on the fit, I would go custom and called up Ves. My bike is a Mariola DL with the Reynold's Ouzo Pro fork, Syntace F99 stem, Syntace RaceLite bars and a Carbon aero seat post. I did not need the carbon stays, since they are really for added stiffness rather than comfort.

The bike is extremely comfortable - far more comfortable than my aluminum Bianchi road bike, and is every bit as comfortable as the Giant and Kestrel on the rough roads, but "feels" different (no better, no worse, just different). Some of this can be attributed to the amazing fit - Ves was spot on, for the rest I credit the quality of the materials and the quality of the build. I haven't gone further than 56 miles on the bike, but where I would feel a bit beat up on my old bike, I feel great on the Yaqui. I am confident that I will feel just fine after 112 when the time comes.

I have zero regrets about going with the Yaqui over the Kestrel or Giant or Bianchi, and I think the comfort - both feel and fit - of the bike is a major advantage for me - in training as well as racing.

Good luck with your decision,

John
Quote Reply
Re: Attention Yaqui Owners. [Graz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"am more so looking to compare the ride quality of the Carbo versus a full carbon frame."

i've ridden all three, and you won't have any ride quality issues with one versus either of the other two. base your decision on other factors, you'll tell no difference between these three bikes when it comes to comfort.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply