Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Assioma bluetooth v. ant+
Quote | Reply
Hi everybody, I'm coming to the forum for help. I can't seem to figure this out on my own. I have the assioma duo pedals for over a year now and never had this problem or didn't notice it. Until recently, I only recorded using ant+ on trainerroad and Garmin. Lately I changed my setup to go to only bluetooth on trainerroad and iPhone while using ant+ on Garmin 935. I mostly did this to look at cycling dynamics and because I wanted Garmin to control where the activity was pushed to, not trainerroad.

The problem is that the last couple of rides I did see ant+ measuring 10-15 watts lower for an hour long ride. This is for AP and NP... 193/200 on trainerroad and BT versus 182/190 on Garmin 935. Cadence was identical on both. I checked crank length and FTP seems to be the same on Garmin connect, assioma app, trainerroad, Garmin 935 where appropriate. Also, I zero offset the pedals before starting the ride using trainerroad and got a -1 readout.

Anyone know what's going on here? Thanks for your help.

Andrew
Quote Reply
Re: Assioma bluetooth v. ant+ [AndrewL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndrewL wrote:
Hi everybody, I'm coming to the forum for help. I can't seem to figure this out on my own. I have the assioma duo pedals for over a year now and never had this problem or didn't notice it. Until recently, I only recorded using ant+ on trainerroad and Garmin. Lately I changed my setup to go to only bluetooth on trainerroad and iPhone while using ant+ on Garmin 935. I mostly did this to look at cycling dynamics and because I wanted Garmin to control where the activity was pushed to, not trainerroad.

The problem is that the last couple of rides I did see ant+ measuring 10-15 watts lower for an hour long ride. This is for AP and NP... 193/200 on trainerroad and BT versus 182/190 on Garmin 935. Cadence was identical on both. I checked crank length and FTP seems to be the same on Garmin connect, assioma app, trainerroad, Garmin 935 where appropriate. Also, I zero offset the pedals before starting the ride using trainerroad and got a -1 readout.

Anyone know what's going on here? Thanks for your help.

Andrew

Wild guess you never noticed before because it wasn’t happening

I just got the duo, same problem

Garmin says it’s Assioma’s fault. Assioma told me it’s Garmin’s fault.
Quote Reply
Re: Assioma bluetooth v. ant+ [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's at fault though? Is power output being dropped or is it just a calculation? My guess is that ant+ is low as I'm getting negative heart rate drift on a steady state ride for an hour.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it measuring left and right power over BT, or just doubling one side?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
See this thread about setting your pedals to send unified our single-side power over BLE. Maybe that is the cause.

https://forum.trainerroad.com/...sioma-pedals/15428/3
Quote Reply
Re: Assioma bluetooth v. ant+ [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did have the two channel setup on BT due to the previous issue of freezing. Thats what prompted me to go to ant+ then. I don't use powermatch and have only ride with a dumb trainer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the same problem with my p1s. My problem was with my left/right balance. It was throwing my power off by 10+ watts. My ratio is around 54/46. Now I just use ant+ all the time since that’s what I’m going to be racing with.
Quote Reply