Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Assioma Uno vs Garmin Vector 3S
Quote | Reply
Hi all

I'm looking at purchasing my first power meter. it seems that most people have gone with the Assioma's due to teething issues with the Vector 3s and the price difference. I can get the Assioma Uno and the Garmin Vector 3S at the same price. Taking the price into consideration would you go for the Garmin or Assioma?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Assioma Uno vs Garmin Vector 3S [gallenza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Assioma. No brainer.

I would buy the Assioma pedals if they cost more than the Garmin Vector 3.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Piling on, but the Favero Assioma is one of the rare products I've had in tri that despite its complexity of engineering, really JUST WORKS.

No fuss. No tricks needed to easily install/remove between bikes in less than a minute. No weird pairing issues. No loss of data. Really consistent data. Has an extremely useful small "on" light that people who own other pedals say is a great feature. Charging is a breeze with an awesomely designed magnetic clip.

And it's cheaper than nearly everything out there, including all the inferior PMs.

Favero /endthread.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got an Assioma Duo after having a Pioneer single leg and I LOVE IT. Like another user said, it just works...all the time. Great battery life, solid in any conditions, easy to move from bike to bike, and reliable. I recommend spending the extra $150 and getting the duo if you can. $600 for reliable dual sided is a bargain.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've never owned anything by Assioma. I did own the Vector 3s.

The vectors were the most frustrating piece of tech I've ever purchased. Garmin replaced the first set for free, and then a second set. I sold the 3rd set new-in-box and bought a quarq.

I also sold my garmin head unit right after that and bought a wahoo. Those pedals ruined garmin for me. Even though I haven't owned the Assiomas, i feel safe in saying they will probably be better for you than the Vector 3s.
Quote Reply
Re: Assioma Uno vs Garmin Vector 3S [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
Assioma. No brainer.

100% agree.

Iv got the duo, and they just work, perfectly all the time. Rechargeable makes total sense to me. Bugger the stupid button batteries.

Assioma have great warranty too.
Quote Reply
Re: Assioma Uno vs Garmin Vector 3S [jptrishard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jptrishard wrote:
I just got an Assioma Duo after having a Pioneer single leg and I LOVE IT. Like another user said, it just works...all the time. Great battery life, solid in any conditions, easy to move from bike to bike, and reliable. I recommend spending the extra $150 and getting the duo if you can. $600 for reliable dual sided is a bargain.

Uno is $400, Duo is $635 last I checked. You can always upgrade at a later date too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Garmin Vector 3 which I bought half price after all the door and battery issues.....the only reason I didnt buy the Favero's was due to the pod....I just dislike it. Still if I had to do it all again (meaning normal prices) I would buy the Assioma. They can also support Oval chainrings..which Garmin can't so yeah...piling on!!! :)

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: Assioma Uno vs Garmin Vector 3S [Mario S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mario S wrote:
Iv got the duo, and they just work perfectly all the time. Rechargeable makes total sense to me. Bugger the stupid button batteries.

Totally agree. For an item that is positioned to cop wet road spray, sealed rechargeables seems the right design choice over anything that requires battery doors.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i went through two sets of vectors (one was a replacement from gamin for a faulty product, and THAT replacement was faulty). got a full refund, went and bought CHEAPER assioma duos and as others have said, they just work and they charge easily. there are no tricks to make them work right.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know I'm bucking the trend but I had the Vector 2 and Vector 3. Had no issues with either. I did get the replacement battery doors for the Vector 3, but had no issues before/after in BLE or ANT+. And I know a few other people who've had the Vector 3's, same thing, no issues and they've worked flawlessly.

Raf
http://www.shutuplegs.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I strongly recommend spending a bit extra and getting the Duo if humanly possible, the cost differential is not that high when amortized over the years of use you'll get out of the pedals. The best case scenario is that one-sided will be a bit less accurate. The worst case scenario is that it will produce absolute junk, and unless you've had access to a power meter with L/R balance previously to see if your pedal stroke is balanced, there's no way to know which category you fall into. In our household we have 3 Quarqs and a set of Duos and they all agree with one another. We acquired a Stages left-side meter with a second hand bike and it read 12% high for me as I'm left leg dominant. When my wife tested it she was nursing a minor injury on her right leg and it read 20% high. We've removed the battery and just use it as a regular crank with the Duos.

The Duos are working well for us so far and have a vastly better buzz than the Garmins.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had such problems with Vector 3s. Never accurate, not even close. Now paper weights....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’d go with the vectors.
Havent had Vector 3 (currently using Vector 2’s), But from what I’ve heard, problems have been solved. Havent tried the faveros, bit the pedals I have work without issues. I generally like new garmin features, so i their products are on par and Price is roughly the, I’d support that any time.
But on a general note, i dont Think it really matters which you choose - by now, both are stable products and as for Coin cell or rechargable battery, I’d rather have a spare coin cell in my pocket than find that I forgot to charge the pedals at home. Depends what you prefer, I guess.
Last edited by: brasch: Mar 5, 20 12:07
Quote Reply
Re: Assioma Uno vs Garmin Vector 3S [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
Assioma. No brainer.

100000x over and over
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, I bit the bullet and went for the Assioma Duo :) I'm hoping that they will arrive on Monday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gallenza wrote:
Ok, I bit the bullet and went for the Assioma Duo :) I'm hoping that they will arrive on Monday.

I don't think you will be disappointed.

Its one of those products I bet the rest of the industry secretly wished they had brought to market.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good choice going duo. I was about to add my voice to the argument for either dual sided or total measurement (e.g. Power2max spider), but got to the end of the thread and there's no need! ;)

Enjoy!
Quote Reply
Re: Assioma Uno vs Garmin Vector 3S [Mario S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another vote for Assioma Duo

"if you chose it, it's not really pain"
Quote Reply