First off congratulations on an amazing race. I was rooting for you as I'm sure others here were!
1. What does your typical week look like, as far as training?
2. What is your bike setup? Have you had any wind tunnel testing?
3. Go-to post workout meal?
4. How will you focus your training for Kona, assuming you're going?
Thanks! and Thanks for the cheers!
1. I do some swimming, biking, and running ;) Generally I S,B,R most days. My training has changed up a ton since December when I hired a new coach (Bevan McKinnon of Fitter out of NZ). If I had to say a "normal" week it would be Monday- Hard swim, hard bike (hill reps, threshold set etc), and hard run (1k+ reps), T-recovery all three or maybe still hard swim, W-Hard swim, hard bike (sweet spot, low cadence strength), short FAST run efforts, T- recovery of all three, F- S, Long ride, short brick, Sat- swim, Long run, recovery ride, Sun- Day of REST- Nothing triathlon every Sunday. Avg around 25 hours/week
2. QR PR6, Rotor Aldhu cranks 155, MorfTech aerobars, Oversized pulley, 54/42 front and 11/28 back, 1 bottle on frame-1 aero-1 rear cage. Let me know if you have more specifics about this. I have done testing with Jim from ERO in California and plan to do some more this summer before Kona as I feel there are areas we can still improve!
3. In the summer, smoothie with F2C VEGAN protein powder, banana, and cashew milk.
In the winter- warm apple sauce with the protein and half a banana cut up.
Post race- whatever I can lay my hands on! (That is also gluten and dairy free)
4. I will be doing my main 2 weeks in The Woodlands, TX (where IMTX is). This is where I have done my build each time. In terms of training, I'm sure it will look similar to what we've done for IMNZ and IMTX. I think we need to increase my bike power a bit more and will work on that this summer. Honestly, this is why I hire a coach, I can outsource my thinking capacity about training! I'm an executer, tell me what to do and I'll just go do it.