Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ask Me Anything About Ironman Mont-Tremblant 2015 [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
congrats and thanks for reading my mind on the helmet answer!!!!

Follow me on Twitter @CK21TRHC
I use what I love: ISM, Blue70, Trek, FLO
Quote Reply
Re: Ask Me Anything About Ironman Mont-Tremblant 2015 [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congratulations!

It was great to "race" with you!
Let me say you looked like a missile when I saw you out on the course.

And your speech was terrific nice job with your French.

TEAM ZOOT 2020
Quote Reply
Re: Ask Me Anything About Ironman Mont-Tremblant 2015 [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. Did they have carpets from the swim exit all the way to T1?
2. If no, did your feet kill you by the time you got to T1?
3. Did you pee in T1?
4. If yes, did anyone see you and can we expect a scandal to develop?
5. Did you ride down the mountain in those sled things at some point post-race (ex. next day)?
6. If yes, was was your fastest time?

Sort of all in pink, but sort of not.

Oh yeah, and congratulations on the whole race thing.

--------------------------------------------------------
John Behme
Charlotte, NC
Last edited by: jbnc77: Aug 17, 15 11:39
Quote Reply
Re: Ask Me Anything About Ironman Mont-Tremblant 2015 [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
Wow, great race!!! You had the 7th fastest swim overall with a 51:33, only 2:17 behind Brian Fleishmann's 49:16. This must be one of your best iron swims ever, maybe your fastest iron swim??? As others have asked, have you changed anything about your swim training, or did it all just finally come together??? Current 500 scy time??? In any event, great swim and great race!!!

because I know you will find this interesting:

http://www.usms.org/...merID=02ZH2#1650Free

If you look at the results list you will see that Eric S Limkemann - who was also in the race yesterday - went a 17:01 vs Rapp's 18:19.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Knowing that very early in the run you had the race in the bag, and the fact that Hawaii is coming up so soon, why did you push the run? Seems to me that running an easy 3;10 or so would have been just a tick over a long and hard training day. It is not the swim and bike in an ironman that tots you, but having to run the marathon hard that puts you in a hole, one that often is hard to get out of. At the very least, I believe those 15 minutes will cost you weeks of training, replaced by recovery ones.

Im guessing you were living in the moment and just wanted to put something down for your mental state. But that is why we have big brains, to override those instincts. But I said that about Chrissy her entire career, and of course it was not a very long one, and i feel for this very reason. I was hoping you would win the race by two minutes.

Great job out there at any rate, you have 8 weeks which should be plenty of time to hold that form. Don't expect you can do more than a couple wells of real training, but this form should be enough on the start line in hawaii to be competitive.

And great swim, I would say the best of your career. Probably helped you that no big groups formed, and just a couple lead pack guys, but did you do anything different that could account for being just a little over 2 minutes off the leader? And do you think it can transfer to the polar opposite swim you are going to encounter in kona?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great to see you win. It would be even more fun to watch you, T.O. Potts and Hoffman battle it out for all 3 podium spots in October....

You're bike looks great and given that, why don't you offer "that" build on your website? Seems the best we can buy is the premium, but that version does not have a disk or power meter?
Quote Reply
Re: Ask Me Anything About Ironman Mont-Tremblant 2015 [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
Wow, great race!!! You had the 7th fastest swim overall with a 51:33, only 2:17 behind Brian Fleishmann's 49:16. This must be one of your best iron swims ever, maybe your fastest iron swim??? As others have asked, have you changed anything about your swim training, or did it all just finally come together??? Current 500 scy time??? In any event, great swim and great race!!!

because I know you will find this interesting:

http://www.usms.org/...merID=02ZH2#1650Free

If you look at the results list you will see that Eric S Limkemann - who was also in the race yesterday - went a 17:01 vs Rapp's 18:19.

AJ - Thanks for that link, this is very interesting: Limkemann was 1:18 ahead of Rapp in the 1650 yd, but then only 1:25 ahead in the 4225 yd iron swim, whereas i would've predicted (4225/1650) (1:18) = (2.56) (1.3 min) = 3.33 min or 3:20. I think the IMMT swim was a wetsuit-legal swim so that might be part of it, but of course monty is always pointing out how Jordan is such a "diesel" with his 5300 yd in the 1-hour swim (1:08/100 yd), IOW he was holding 18:41/1650 for a bit over three 1650s in a row. Put another way, Jordan averaged 1:06.6/100 yd for his 18:19.6 for the 1650 vs 1:07.9/100 yd in the hour swim. That's an amazingly low slow-down rate for swimming over three times as long/far:)

I looked around on Google to see if Fleishmann swam in college but didn't find any info. Do you know if Limkemann did???

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations Jordan on a fantastic race.

As you ran that last 1.5km's you looked great. And seeing you seek out your father post race (I assume that was him) was really cool.

Good luck in Kona you badass! (anyone who can bike and run that course that fast is a badass). :_)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rapp is Back!

No questions - just a Congratulations, and great to see you back on the top spot on the podium!

Obviously we would have liked to see a Canadian man or woman win at Ironman Mont Tremblant, but an "Honorary Canadian" will have to suffice! :)

Best wishes for continued success.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Last edited by: Fleck: Aug 17, 15 14:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking on signing up for IMMT 2016. Are you planning on doing IMMT 2016 again to defend your title or will my potential presence among the ranks intimidate you too much?

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what do you weight.

avg cadence at first hour middle 2 hr and last hr. vs power numbers.

how many times did you think just keep running just keep running.

Do people cheering in French make you feel more of an international competitor..

toe nails lost

Technique will always last longer then energy production. Improve biomechanics, improve performance.
http://Www.anthonytoth.ca, triathletetoth@twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know Brian swam past HS, maybe one year of college. I want to say Florida State. And I seem to recall he was a 16 low in the 1500 LC. But that was a long time ago as he is 37. If you really want to know I am sure he was a HS AA and all those records are saved so you can find out how fasthe was.

Yes, Jordan's 60 min swim is ridiculous.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
congratulations! great to see you winning again. i read your blog so i can see how important this is for you.

why aren't you using zipp carbon clinchers w/ super 9 disc?
also the fact that you're still using Specialized tubulars even after ending contract with them speaks highly of its quality.
can you develop on your wheels and tires choice? is this strictly your best choice, or biased by sponsors?

enjoy and recover!
Quote Reply
Re: Ask Me Anything About Ironman Mont-Tremblant 2015 [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
I know Brian swam past HS, maybe one year of college. I want to say Florida State. And I seem to recall he was a 16 low in the 1500 LC. But that was a long time ago as he is 37. If you really want to know I am sure he was a HS AA and all those records are saved so you can find out how fasthe was.

Yes, Jordan's 60 min swim is ridiculous.

OK, thanks for this info, I may do some more Googling tonight. Right now, it's time to leave for the afternoon swim workout:)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Ask Me Anything About Ironman Mont-Tremblant 2015 [lordhong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lordhong wrote:
Nothing to ask really...

Just happy for you. After the last few "soul baring" blog posts, I'm glad it clicked for you.

This.

Really happy for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First off, awesome race! Glad you see you back at the top!

Second - assuming an appropriately paced/powered bike, do you have any tips for us mortals to help bring that off-the-bike run pace closer to the stand alone run pace?
Quote Reply
Re: Ask Me Anything About Ironman Mont-Tremblant 2015 [urbantriathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
urbantriathlete wrote:
Congrats Jordan:

Thoughts on 1x11 with the 30 gearing - is there a max gradient or length of climb where you'd need to risk swapping the 54 for a 53? Conversely - will you go with 55 for Kona for the Hawi descent?

2:55 seems like a quick marathon given your lead, and it looks like you held consistent throughout. Were you more focused on nailing a solid run vs. saving the legs?

Well, this is one small disadvantage of 1x. You MUST choose an even number of teeth. So 52, 54, 56. At least if you want to stick with a narrow-wide chainring, which I do.

I've won most of my races on a 54... Seems like my "preferred" front ring. I'd go with a 56-11/32 if I was going to try anything different in Hawaii. But I think I'll go 54-11/30. Same as here.

I might go 54-11/32 for something with longer sustained hard climbs. But so far have never needed it. Even at Wildflower...

2:55... At some point, it's harder to run slow. I wanted to be done. On the second lap, I didn't ever push it. I just ran what was comfortable. I'd guess HR was high 130s... Treated it like a steady - but not too hard - long training session.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
You alluded to this being a make it or break it race; the emotion at the finish line was pretty touching to watch. So way to go, you had a lot at stake and simply you nailed it!

Was the break-through ( is rebreak-through even a word?) mental, physical, both? Were you training better? Did you feel different in the night before the race? When did you know the race was going right for you?

Hard to separate. Mental is physical is mental. I just felt good in my life as a whole. I knew the race was going right once I was in the front swim group.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Ask Me Anything About Ironman Mont-Tremblant 2015 [JJD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JJD wrote:
First, congratulations on the race and most importantly fighting back from a difficult period in your career! I hope in the near future you write a blog or post about the mental and physical steps that you took to get back to form.

The question: Are you still running shorter cranks on the Diamond? What size exactly?

I don't feel like I am delivering the same power on my TT bike as I do my road bike. Unfortunately, I have not invested in a power meter yet so it is just feel. I'm running 172.5's both road and TT. I'm thinking about trying 165's. Concerned about climbing with shorter cranks.

No. I only rode 170s for about 6mos. I think it was neutral at best and a slight detriment at worst. Back on 172.5 for both road and tri bike.

Did you listen to this re: the mental game? http://athleteonfire.com/triun04 or on iTunes at https://itunes.apple.com/...ire/id808462380?mt=2

Quote Reply
Re: Ask Me Anything About Ironman Mont-Tremblant 2015 [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericM40-44 wrote:
So a cycling speed suit? Size?

Rappstar wrote:
ktm520 wrote:
Congrats! Cool following you online yesterday and nice swim!

1) Dimond feedback for long course?
2) How did you pace your run knowing you has such a lead?
3) How was the trisuit? Was it a PI?

Cheers.

1) Awesome. it's really a very "normal" bike. It looks much stranger than it rides. I mean that as a compliment.

2) Race the first loop. Steady the second loop.

3) Great. Louis Garneau Course. Much better for triathlon than the Octane in my experience with both. Both are VERY fast aerodynamically. But the LG is more comfortable all around. For me.

No, it's a trisuit. LG makes great tri clothing.

Size Medium. They run tight.

Quote Reply
Re: Ask Me Anything About Ironman Mont-Tremblant 2015 [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
I can't remember if this is the year that you were not going to Kona or if that was last year. So... going to Kona?

I think so. Trying not to think about it right now. But the plan was 15 weeks to Kona, so I feel like trusting that was - or will be - a good plan.

Quote Reply
Re: Ask Me Anything About Ironman Mont-Tremblant 2015 [Pancks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pancks wrote:
Congratulations! Here's hoping for many more.

How aware were you of things going on behind you during bike?

You look very lean and mean. Did you race yesterday at a lighter weight than at other recent races?

Almost not at all.

Heavier actually. About 1kg heavier. But I think more muscle. I felt "leaner," but the scale said I was heavier. But I think that's (part of) why I also swam faster. I weighed 159lbs vs 156-157 in the past.

Quote Reply
Re: Ask Me Anything About Ironman Mont-Tremblant 2015 [trimac2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trimac2 wrote:
Great race! Congrats! What was your nutrition plan on race day?

My normal pre-race breakfast. With some very slight tweaks.
- bottle of Ultragen made with chocolate almond milk
- banana
- 2x Envirokidz rice krispy bar
- 6x laughing giraffe snackaroons (they made them smaller, so it's 1.5 to a serving now instead of 1)

That's about 1200 calories.

Bike:
2x24oz bottles with 8 scoops EFS pro on bike. I had my Elite bottle with 10 scoops in it, but I lost that early on, so I drank more gatorade to make up for the extra calories.
2x21oz bottles with 6 scoops EFS pro in special needs.
Drank 4 bottles of gatorade.

That's about 1700 calories

Coke and Gatorade at every aid station on run.

Quote Reply
Re: Ask Me Anything About Ironman Mont-Tremblant 2015 [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mbwallis wrote:
Congrats, I was pulling for you.

1) I fear you've probably answered this before, but why didn't you run a disc?
2) Did you change anything in your swim training?

Thanks.

2) not really. Since i started swimming with the local swim club, I swim well at the end of the summer (did last year also) because I swim with them pretty much every day. Lots of hard, LCM swimming. Makes a big different.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I have the M2. Was wondering if that's what you meant.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply

Prev Next