Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Asics Kayano X
Quote | Reply
I'm going to need a new pair of running shoes soon and I'd really like to hold out until these hit the stores; the little I've heard is that they will be much better than the IX's.

Does anyone know any specifics about these shoes, or when they'll be out?

Caleb
Last edited by: caleb: Nov 6, 03 18:57
Quote Reply
Re: Asics Kayano X [caleb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm going to The Running Shop (best running store in Tuscon, shameless plug, I know) tomorrow. If I remember I'll ask the guys and girls what the scoop is and when they should make an appearence. IMO one can never have enough running shoes.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Asics Kayano X [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The KAyano is by far favorite shoe of all times. The only problem I have with it is that it seem to break down fairly fast. Anyways I just ordered the new X from Roadrunnersports. I like the fact that they let you return a shoe after running it a few times. That really helps when deciding on a new shoe.
Quote Reply
Re: Asics Kayano X [Redemann] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey man , i work at luke's locker here in texas.

the kayano X is really the same shoe as last year except they changed the upper on it . the cushion system is the same as is the overall structure....

this shoe should go 500m to 6 months easy i have seen guys 200lb plus knock out the miles

shoes have a shelf life and if they sit around awhile they will lose some of their life (i.e. a warehouse , waiting for you to place your online order)
Quote Reply
Re: Asics Kayano X [caleb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What I was told by the folks at Running Revolution in Campbell, CA, is that according to previews, the shoe is supposed to have some more flexing in the toe area to make the pushoff smoother. They had seen the shoe and that's how they described it. No word on whether it will last longer than currently. I'm holding out for a pair too. I loved the VIII's, have been less enthralled with the IX's, so I hope the X will be a good set of changes.
Quote Reply
Re: Asics Kayano X [Jacquie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
we have had this shoe on the shelves for a couple of weeks now..

the upper at the ball of your foot is a mesh fabric that streches (those are the technical words) when you flex ....

we are blowing out the old IX for under 90.00 bucks

the new ones went up in price $5.00
Quote Reply
Re: Asics Kayano X [tarp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ran in consecutive sets of the 1997 model Kayanos for 3 straight years, averaging about 400 miles per pair. I haven't liked a single model of the Kayano since that shoe. In fact, after 13 years, I've left Asics altogether and now train in NB and race in Nike. I imagine some day I'll find another Asics shoe that works for me. But for the last 3 or 4 years, I haven't been able to find a model that really works for me. I wish they'd make the 1997 model again, or at least a shoe just like it.
Quote Reply
Re: Asics Kayano X [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it really depends on your foot . from your current two selections i would guess that you don't have a very high arch.

there are sooo many shoes that would be similar to the old kayano , but it depends on your foot type for that perfect fit!

all i can run in is the mizuno wave creation.

they advertise it as a high mileage shoe , it is if you are a 100lb kenyon.

normal people only get 250 to 300 miles out of it ...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I run in Asics and dont have a high arch, I am in the process of getting some orthotics. What is a good shoe for us flat footers?

"You're guaranteed to miss 100% of the shots you never take" - Wayne Gretzky
Quote Reply
Re: Asics Kayano X [flytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i was refering to his nike and new balance selections they tend to be low to no arch shoes .

it really depends on your foot type i.e. neutral,pronator, or supinator.or even motion control and then your arch length plays in affect..don't go by the mag write-ups they try to be impartial and they are incorrect to often.

why would you get orthotics ? you can a shoe to do the same thing. if you need to put your orthotics in all shoes (dress and casual) then they are good , but don't get them just for running....

getting the proper shoe is just as technical and bike positioning...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tarp,

I have been suffering from ITB syndrom and seeing a sports therapist, he has told me I have flat feet. So i steped onto this computer thing that takes readings from your feet and I am having some orthotics made for my running shoes only. Why would you not do this? I had been running only one way around the track that I have learned has most likely contributed to my problem with the IT Band. I have lnot ran for over two weeks, just swam alot and time on the bike, and therapy, lots of stretching and so on. The ITB is still acting up, so I am willing to try anything.

Thanks.....

"You're guaranteed to miss 100% of the shots you never take" - Wayne Gretzky
Quote Reply
Re: Asics Kayano X [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a neutral runner with medium arches. For some reason the 97 Kayanos really worked well for me despite their stability features. I am fairly particular with my shoes fit and function. I normally seek out neutral shoes with decent cushioning. This is despite the fact that I am a definite mid-foot striker. I race 5-10k distances in racing flats. Over that and I'm in lightweight trainers. DS trainers have too much motion control for my tastes and my achilles have flamed up every time I tried them. Gel-Lytes and Verdicts worked for 1/2 and marathon distance, but I found them a bit too harsh in the forefoot and am actively seeking a better solution. Right now I'm trying out the Nike Zoom Spiridon, and they seem to be just what I'm looking for in racing/fast training shoes. I strayed away from Nike 18 years ago, right after high-school when I started to develop plantar faciitis whenever I used Nike shoes. Too bad. I really liked the ride of the Pegasus. I'm not sure the NB's I'm currently in are the best for me either. They're working, but not like I remember those Kayanos. I tried the Nimbus IVs for a couple of pairs, but thought they were a bit stiff in the forefoot, as well, even for trainers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How do you classify "normal?"

I'm 155 lbs., high arch foot type. Normal foot strike (i.e., no significant pronation) and I'm on my 3rd pair of Mizuno Wave Creation - the first two held up fine through 500 miles on each pair. No breakdowns at all.
Quote Reply
Re: Asics Kayano X [jar1635] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
flytri- i have delt with IT band issuses in the past..

the two main causes are going to be shoes and or flexability.

there is nothing wrong with being flatfooted ,if your not flatfooted but your arch collapses when you put weight on it,then that is a problem! shoes can fix this also!

where are you located ? e-mail me directly .

this something i can fix very easily. i ran two marathons in 6 days with it bands killing me!
Quote Reply