Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Ashley Horner Cliff's Notes Version - the show that keeps on shitting.
Quote | Reply
This thread is for results only for those who are too lazy to read the 2000+ post thread. If you see a result, post it up here. My source is the thread, take it for what it's worth.

Day 1 - Haiti, swim was short, bike was on a huffy averaging 21mph, run unknown. Finish status unknown. Results suspicious.

Day 2 - travel, no ironman, streak is already broken except day 1 doesn't count as an ironman. No results, but travel plans/schedule suspicious.

Day 3 - Virginia - finished in 16 hours, complained about it halfway through the run, results aren't verified. Results suspicious.

Day 4 - Maryland - finished in 16.5 hours, starting to struggle. Already beat 93.78% of slowtwitch predictions.

Day 5 - Delaware - she had trouble getting out of bed and got off to a late start. Her tracker stopped for 4 hours at mile 21 on the bike. She sent out an Instagram from the emergency room complaining about how she looked. Stick a fork in her, she's done.

Day 6 - Delaware do-over, or "re-Dover" - Ashley's coach consulted with 8 doctors, they all said it was a stupid idea to keep going. Ashley decided to go anyways. Her coach ditched her. She swam 3.8K and rode 112.5 miles. No run apparently. This train wreck is getting more and more painful to watch everyday.

Day 7 - still in Delaware I guess. She decided to take a few days off, you can read her version of the story at the following link. The funniest part is that she claims her fitness was 100% ready for this challenge. https://www.instagram.com/...igshid=1nz6wy1m2c8hs

Final update - several days after she quit going, she finally admitted that she's finished. Had a bunch of BS reasons why she didn't fail and said a bunch of other stuff. Ashley, if you're listening, you should stick to posting garbage on Instagram...........long distance triathlon is not your forte.

Final Update + 1 - She has now admitted that she wasn't ready and needs to go back and train. She's planning to hold a virtual ironman on 9/22 where you have to pay to sign up and the money goes to her charity. Says she plans to come back next year and try some version of her challenge again, although the format is TBD. Also a lot more blah blah blah blah..............
Last edited by: T3_Beer: Aug 24, 18 8:15
Quote Reply
Re: Ashley Horner Cliff Notes Version [T3_Beer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Back up the mobile wind tunnel truck. Was she attached to a tow rope on that Huffy? 21mph??? Many pro females have trouble sustaining 21mph with an actual aero bike in a race they have peaked for. Any chance we get some some actual splits? Was 16 hours her moving time today?

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Day 1 started on the 12th if you round up from the 11th. So the 15th is day 4. Strava says the Haiti bike was 15+ mph ave.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ur undermining the effort for all-time status on the other thread. Keep that one rolling. You don't have to read 2000 posts, just scroll to the end. Post a nightly summary in there if you want.

Some of us don't spend all the time keeping up-to-date on that thread just so dilettantes like you can stroll in and claim equivalent status with some little "cliff notes" thing.
Last edited by: trail: Aug 15, 18 21:12
Quote Reply
Re: Ashley Horner Cliff Notes Version [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Ur undermining the effort for all-time status on the other thread. Keep that one rolling. You don't have to read 2000 posts, just scroll to the end. Post a nightly summary in there if you want.

Some of us don't spend all the time keeping up-to-date on that thread just so dilettantes like you can stroll in and claim equivalent status with some little "cliff notes" thing.

"Dilettantes" got me ROFL!!! Keep up the great work!!! Maybe you could work in a War and Peace analogy next time. :)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You need to include links to Garmin and Strava in your clif notes

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Ashley Horner Cliff Notes Version [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PJC wrote:
You need to include links to Garmin and Strava in your clif notes

Go for it, this is the lazy mans thread, so if you want something done you have get it yo' damn self around here!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just what I've been waiting for. thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The irony of this thread. Ashley is taking shortcuts in her endeaver

You're taking shortcuts in yours :)

T3_Beer wrote:
This thread is for results only for those of us who are too lazy to read the 2000+ post thread. If you see a result, post it up here. I'll post what I gather from the thread to this point, and if it's wrong I don't care.

Day 1 - Haiti, swim was short, bike was on a huffy averaging 21mph, run unknown. Finish status unknown. Results suspicious.

Day 2 - travel, no ironman, streak is already broken except day 1 doesn't count as an ironman. No results, but travel plans/schedule suspicious.

Day 3 - Virginia - finished in 16 hours, complained about it halfway through the run, results aren't verified. Results suspicious.

Quote | Reply
zoom wrote:

T3_Beer wrote:
This thread is for results only for those of us who are too lazy to read the 2000+ post thread. If you see a result, post it up here. I'll post what I gather from the thread to this point, and if it's wrong I don't care.

Yep, and I admit it too! You can break out your twitch fork on me if you don't like it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
isn't "this thread is useless without pictures" a ST thing? I have no idea who this person is but I am happy to google images of her.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for this, really. I expect nothing less from someone with your handle.

Party on,

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Ashley Horner Cliff Notes Version [zoom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zoom wrote:

T3_Beer wrote:

what makes results of day one ( you call it day 3) suspsicous ?
Quote Reply
Re: Ashley Horner Cliff Notes Version [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day 4 - Maryland

getcereal wrote:
  • Today's Strava

• 4,200yd
    Distance
  • 1:29:50
    Moving Time
  • 2:08/100yd
    Pace

Elapsed Time
1:29:50
  • 112.37mi
    Distance
  • 6:53:54
    Moving Time
  • 1,059ft
    Elevation

Show Less
AvgMaxSpeed16.3mi/h24.8mi/hHeart Rate117bpm163bpmCalories2,117Temperature86℉Elapsed Time8:04:12
Calories
Pool Length
25 yd
  • 26.20mi
    Distance
  • 5:10:35
    Moving Time
  • 11:51/mi
    Pace

Elevation
629ft
Calories
Elapsed Time
6:05:25

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Ashley Horner Cliff Notes Version [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
you should just put it in the top post and do a self bump with just a "Day 4 added above". Would be nice to get some perspective on all the days in a clean succinct manner.

Done, good idea.
Quote Reply
Re: Ashley Horner Cliff Notes Version [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
you should just put it in the top post and do a self bump with just a "Day 4 added above". Would be nice to get some perspective on all the days in a clean succinct manner.

I know it's already done but this 👆, yes. I second it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This post needs to be a sticky
Quote Reply
Re: Ashley Horner Cliff Notes Version [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Updated
Quote Reply
Re: Ashley Horner Cliff Notes Version [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pk wrote:
zoom wrote:

T3_Beer wrote:

what makes results of day one ( you call it day 3) suspsicous ?

Have you read the other thread?

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Ashley Horner Cliff Notes Version [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Updated - she's done!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is the best thread ever.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
T3_Beer wrote:
This thread is for results only for those who are too lazy to read the 2000+ post thread. If you see a result, post it up here. My source is the thread, take it for what it's worth.

Day 4 - Maryland - finished in 16.5 hours, starting to struggle. Already beat 93.78% of slowtwitch predictions.

Day 5 - Delaware - she had trouble getting out of bed and got off to a late start. Her tracker stopped for 4 hours at mile 21 on the bike. She sent out an Instagram from the emergency room complaining about how she looked. Stick a fork in her, she's done.

Wrong

Wow start this new stupid thread and you can’t even get the updates correct

Does your mother know what you are doing
Quote Reply
Re: Ashley Horner Cliff Notes Version [RBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RBR wrote:
T3_Beer wrote:

Wrong

Wow start this new stupid thread and you can’t even get the updates correct

Does your mother know what you are doing

It's as right as it's going to get, fix it if it's wrong of you don't like it. This is the lazy mans thread.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's with all the haters here?
I have no skin in the game and have no idea who the heck she is.

But, if, in fact, she did complete 5 friggin Ironmans in a row (or two plus or minus yards/miles), who gives an F?
What she is doing is way beyond the pale of what most of us on Slowtwitch would ever ever put themselves through.
WAY BEYOND.

Instead of hating, how about encouraging?
Even if the goal she reaches isn't perfect, it's pretty amazing what she's done so far.

Stop piling on and being assholes.

- I agree that self-promotion generates a reflexive response of jealousy, skepticism, etc.
- But the real question is - does her challenge and cause that she is doing this for raise awareness for the good of that cause?

If so, as a community of triathletes, we should celebrate the effort, even if the effort is viewed as "commercialized" or "self-grandiosed" to some extent.

Look to yourself and see if you have ever, ever, done something, sacrificed something, for the good of someone or something else besides yourself.

As a triathlete for 30+ years, I admit that I've never participated for anything more than self-realization/actualization.
I haven't done shit for any one beyond me besides coaching and encouraging others but have never done something for a cause greater than me.

So I am impressed that she is doing this for a cause other than her own.

Bravo, Ashley!
Last edited by: twain: Aug 18, 18 0:01
Quote Reply

Prev Next