Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

As we get older (off topic)
Quote | Reply
I am attending a formal dinner next weekend. Rather than renting, yesterday I bought a tux for the first time. I'm 41 years old, am I finally growing up? At least it will fit and it doesn't have those silly sliders on the pants.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: As we get older (off topic) [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah, but will it fit when you are 42

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I'm 41 years old, am I finally growing up?" No you are just being furgal. One more wearingand it will be payed for. Smart money in my book.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: As we get older (off topic) [Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
will it fit when I'm 42?

well, that goes back to a conversation I had with a co worker. When I told him I did triathlons, he asked me if that meant I didn't drink beer. My response - no, I drink beer BECAUSE I do triathlons. Will it fit when I'm 42? Only if I keep training! On the other hand, maybe I should have bought one with those stupid sliders on the pants.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is nothing like that beer protein.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You will know you are grown up when you stop wearing "pants" and start wearing "trousers." ;) I still remember my Marine DI ripping someone a new one for referring to his trousers as pants.

BTW, I bought a tux 4 years ago, and have gotten my money back several times over. Now, you need to practice your James Bond imitation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I was 41 when I bought my tux. But, I don't remember when I could remember being 41. Thankfully, it is only a little too big around the waist now. So I must have been really fat once.

No, it doesn't mean you are grown up. Remember that it is never to late to enjoy a happy childhood.

David
Quote Reply
Re: As we get older (off topic) [tri_bri2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri_bri2

You must have been there in 1968 when I was a hospital corpsman going through field medical service school at camp pendelton(sp its been a long time) I ask for pants of a certain size and I thought one of the DI's was going to rip my head off. To this day I wear pants and if I knew where he was I would tell him. I'm retired and still don't know what I want to be when I grow up(hopefully never) and my wife is getting impatient.

mike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 52 and still haven't bought a tux yet. In fact I can't even remember the last time that I wore one. Probably my younger brother's wedding many years ago. Guess I just don't get invited out much these days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got my tux (I longer fit in.) custom in Turkey. Only $200. Once you own own one you start wearing it more. Now you need a black silk eye patch.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply