Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Art: Seat height Road vs Steep?
Quote | Reply
Art, Thanks again for your calculation on the seat angle. Here is another question.

My road bike seat height (73 degrees) is around 79-79.5cm depending on the time of year etc.

Assuming I ride a 78-79 degree tri bike how much higher would my seat have to be?

Is there a formula? Currently I am around 79.5-80cm but it seems a bit high.
Quote Reply
Re: Art: Seat height Road vs Steep? [Redemann] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not Art, but if remember right from Dan's article (see link below), most people like to be slightly higher on their tribike.

http://www.slowtwitch.com/...#Anchor-SADDLE-35882
Quote Reply
Re: Art: Seat height Road vs Steep? [Redemann] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan has commented that most people like to be a half centimeter or so higher on their tri bike than their road bike. I have them both about the same, but don't go by me. I have yet to find a road position that I thought was even on the fair side of poor. I just can't get the road bike right, but I keep trying. One of these years, I will get it for sure.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by The Committee [ In reply to ]
Re: Art: Seat height Road vs Steep? [not a PCer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. From Dan's article it has everything to do with where your seat is relative to your BB. The height of your saddle is a function of this not the sole determinant. Adjusting your seat forward/backwards relative to the proper height of your saddle is the key IMO.
Quote Reply