Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Armstrong wont fight USADA - accepts he could lose a TDF title
Quote | Reply
http://www.velonation.com/...ADA-doping-case.aspx

"He gave a short answer when writer Josh Eells asked him how he would react if his seventh Tour victory was struck off, presumably by USADA. “I wouldn’t be unhappy,” he said, appearing to have come to terms with that possibility."

Discuss.
Quote Reply
Re: Armstrong wont fight USADA - accepts he could lose a TDF title [NAB777] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NAB777 wrote:
http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/11835/Lance-Armstrong-appears-to-suggest-he-wont-fight-expected-USADA-doping-case.aspx

"He gave a short answer when writer Josh Eells asked him how he would react if his seventh Tour victory was struck off, presumably by USADA. “I wouldn’t be unhappy,” he said, appearing to have come to terms with that possibility."

Discuss.

----

Lance is a triathlete now and as such he thinks that all professional cyclists are drug taking assholes!!!

---
Quote Reply
Re: Armstrong wont fight USADA - accepts he could lose a TDF title [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lance is a triathlete now and as such he thinks that all professional cyclists are drug taking asshoes!

LMAO
Very good!
Quote Reply
Re: Armstrong wont fight USADA - accepts he could lose a TDF title [NAB777] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Ohhh no - I can't believe this. Everything was looking SO bright.

The all new coverage of Ironman events since he's been racing WTC (St.Croix was awesome...refresh...click...refresh...click...).

The increased sponsorship that's flowing through the professional ranks (You know - that beer company sponsored an event in Canada or something?)

Sod it - I was gonna go out and increase the mortgage to finish off the pool.

Damn you USADA.
Quote Reply
Re: Armstrong wont fight USADA - accepts he could lose a TDF title [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seriously, when I read that article, I had the impression I was reading the Onion, just like one guy said in the comments. Just really weird.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think he just doesnt give a rats ass anymore. I mean really...he's been fighting this crap for how long? IMO..he doped and so did everyone else he raced against (take a look at everyone who has stood on a podium with him and if they got busted). I dont really care if he did or didnt, I think he is an amazing cyclist, but I can see from his perspective, his cycling career is over now and everyone can basically kiss his ass.

Quote | Reply
dsmallwood wrote:
Lance is a triathlete now and as such he thinks that all professional cyclists are drug taking asshoes!

LMAO
Very good!

Can I use this in my sig?

Man our government sure loves to piss away money on stupid shit. In the big picture, wtf does it matter if he did or didn't. Pretty sure we have bigger fish to fry - poverty, education, safety, healthcare etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc x1000 then maybe if someone doped. give me a frikkin break!
Quote Reply
Re: Armstrong wont fight USADA - accepts he could lose a TDF title [LTBlowUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah why investigate fraud in big business? Just arrest them poor people. And healthcare, because letting our kids get involved in the sport and injecting EPO and steroids is healthy.

LTBlowUp wrote:
Man our government sure loves to piss away money on stupid shit. In the big picture, wtf does it matter if he did or didn't. Pretty sure we have bigger fish to fry - poverty, education, safety, healthcare etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc x1000 then maybe if someone doped. give me a frikkin break!

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Armstrong wont fight USADA - accepts he could lose a TDF title [LTBlowUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
X2

----------------------------------------------------------

"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life".
Zappa
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They should just level the playing field like Pro Bodybuilding and not test at all.......

Man our government sure loves to piss away money on stupid shit. In the big picture, wtf does it matter if he did or didn't.

a rationale post on this subject. thank you. I mean it. I'm up here in Canada watching the USA continually bump into sharp objects (Anyone read about JP Morgan this morning?) but people are still wanting to hunt an athlete's drug taking from 1999 on either tax payers money, or in the case of USADA, us as athlete's money!! Your country is in a serious, serious financial shit sandwich but big time $$ is being spent on this?

Light bulb moment: he did it, everyone at Le Tour did it, we all agree about it, move on and care about something else.

flame away.

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Re: Armstrong wont fight USADA - accepts he could lose a TDF title [Thecatch83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thecatch83 wrote:
They should just level the playing field like Pro Bodybuilding and not test at all.......

So which Triathlon organizations/races are covered by USADA and which aren't?

Are there any agreements in place that the different organizations respect one another's doping suspensions?
Quote Reply
Re: Armstrong wont fight USADA - accepts he could lose a TDF title [Thecatch83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thecatch83 wrote:

Yeah, like this:
http://www.nbc.com/...rug-olympics/1198068

"I think tomorrow, he's really going to feel that."
Classic.
Quote Reply
Re: Armstrong wont fight USADA - accepts he could lose a TDF title [rhys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rhys wrote:
Light bulb moment: he did it, everyone at Le Tour did it, we all agree about it, move on and care about something else.

It's been very interesting to see this tidal shift over the last few years. Seems like to me this debate was initially about 50/50 between "of course he doped" and "no he didn't, genetic freak, worked harder than everyone else...", then it was "of course he doped" and "well he may have doped but until a court convicts him, we have to give him the benefit of the doubt", now pretty much everyone agrees of course he doped.

I'm still looking forward to the books from some riders to give more details on how the doping game was played.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Lance is a triathlete now and as such he thinks that all professional cyclists are drug taking assholes!!!

And this is WHY I no longer frequent the other forums! Classic prose like this keeps me here. Dude, that was classic and dammit someone already claimed it as their new sig.
Last edited by: Floyd5k: May 11, 12 6:29
Quote Reply
Re: Armstrong wont fight USADA - accepts he could lose a TDF title [Floyd5k] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Floyd5k wrote:

And this is WHY I no longer frequent the other forums! Classic prose like this keeps me here. Dude, that was classic and dammit someone already claimed it as their new sig.

+1

This would have gotten you banned at BT......

Quote | Reply
I agree. Weird article.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

----

---

Love it
Quote Reply
Re: Armstrong wont fight USADA - accepts he could lose a TDF title [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
Yeah why investigate fraud in big business? Just arrest them poor people. And healthcare, because letting our kids get involved in the sport and injecting EPO and steroids is healthy.

LTBlowUp wrote:

What big business? Cycling? Postal Service? Neither are a blip on the radar in business.

Who is arresting poor people based on being poor?

How is USADA preventing kids from steroids or EPO? I think colleges and talent scouts are much more to blame for youth doping than anything else. In order to get the contract or to get a free ride into college, you have to be juiced up.

And when does an asthmatic kids inhaler become a PED?

I usually agree with you Jack, but not on that line of thinking.

I would much rather have our judicial system go after the toxins that apparently seem to run rampant in the water in North Carolina. Turning people stupid down there. Forget EPO, get EPA to fix the stupidy in the water source.
Quote Reply
Re: Armstrong wont fight USADA - accepts he could lose a TDF title [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:

LTBlowUp wrote:

You guys attorneys or investigators or something?

Lets just watch the Giro!

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Re: Armstrong wont fight USADA - accepts he could lose a TDF title [rhys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rhys wrote:
Man our government sure loves to piss away money on stupid shit. In the big picture, wtf does it matter if he did or didn't.

a rationale post on this subject. thank you. I mean it. I'm up here in Canada watching the USA continually bump into sharp objects (Anyone read about JP Morgan this morning?) but people are still wanting to hunt an athlete's drug taking from 1999 on either tax payers money, or in the case of USADA, us as athlete's money!! Your country is in a serious, serious financial shit sandwich but big time $$ is being spent on this?

flame away.

Very well said. One thing you can always count on is the stupidity of the American government. And I love how JPM tried to pass off this loss as a hedge yesterday. Yeah right.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't see anything wrong with the article...if he doesn't give a sh*t as he says then neither should we, honestly.

I think now that there isn't the possibility of criminal charges he doesn't really care about the possible outcomes of any other findings, charges, loss of titles, etc. Although if there were true evidence and facts brought to light, he may not care, but the cycling, sports and triathlon world will explode in a frenzy over it.

< Quitting Isn't An Option >

Quote Reply
Re: Armstrong wont fight USADA - accepts he could lose a TDF title [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
rhys wrote:

It's been very interesting to see this tidal shift over the last few years. Seems like to me this debate was initially about 50/50 between "of course he doped" and "no he didn't, genetic freak, worked harder than everyone else...", then it was "of course he doped" and "well he may have doped but until a court convicts him, we have to give him the benefit of the doubt", now pretty much everyone agrees of course he doped.

I'm still looking forward to the books from some riders to give more details on how the doping game was played.

LOL, read "Dog in a hat". It will open your eyes to how they did it in the old days. Much more sophisticated now, and easier to get and to hide, but monitored much more effeciently. It really is a joke. Personal preference at this point.

LA, I don't know if he did or didnt, but regardless, he is still a special athlete, a genetic freak, and did more training and smarter than most. EPO and steriods alone don't make you a super star. If they could, I can go juice up, sit on my couch, occassionally soft pedal, then go out and destroy a pro field at the TdF? Awesome!!!

Here is the secret, EPO and Steriods LET you train HARDER because it helps you recover faster so you can go again. It's the same as giving a CEO more HOURS in the day so he/she can spend more time WORKING to make more money. So while everyone else gets 24 hours per day so they can sleep 8 hours and then work 9 hours, then 7 hours of travel or kids or eating or watching oprah, the CEO gets 28 hours to work 20 hours, sleep 7 hours, then cry in a corner 1 hour. The CEO was going to work 20 hours per day regardless, but now he got 4 hours extra to sleep and potentially make better decisions because he got to rest a bit more and recover from the previous days work.

Pretty close analogy....
Quote Reply

Prev Next