Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by The Committee
Re: Armstrong: victim of PowerCranks? [TheChameleon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
These are the PowerCranks I believe they're talking about. Totally different. Armstrong uses them to measure power output. I don't know who had the name first, but these are more technically known as SRM Powercranks.

As you can see from this, they are referred to as "SRM Power Cranks" http://www.cyclingnews.com/...=t-mobile_CAAD7/JD06
Last edited by: 2WheelsGood: Jul 28, 03 13:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And if it were due to PC's I assume he would have blamed them rather than the Nike and Shimano stuff that he is paid vast wads of money to use.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have no good evidence that LA has ever used PowerCranks (at least my version - most of the pro-peloton use the SRM powercranks for at least some of their training, I think). Most of the "evidence" is anecdotal reports from people (some of whom ought to know) saying he has or does. If he has or does, he did not get them from me.

Injuries can occur anytime to anyone. While most PC users have reported improvement in injury related issues following using them, some have reported new or different injuries that seem to be related to their use. Over use injury is always an issue in new users who may try to do too much too fast.

Frank

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: Armstrong: victim of PowerCranks? [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Personally, I thought an achilles flare-up I was having was due to my PowerCranking. It began about two months after I started PCing (it took me that long before I could really ride for long times on PCs), and PCing made it hurt more, so it must be due to PCing, right? I even wrote to Dr. Day about it, and he said he hadn't heard of an achilles injury associated with PCing.

Well, I forgot that I had new running shoes about 2 weeks before the achilles began hurting. Turns out I had a bad heel counter in that shoe. The running store gave me a new pair of shoes and BINGO! The achilles healed up rather quickly, as far as achilles injuries go.

The only injuries I've seen due to PC usage are consistant mutilations of my running and riding PR's. I keep breaking all of them! I don't mean by just a little bit, either. At the end of the season, I'll post the differences in times and results this year compared to the last few years, along with total mileage trained each year. Basically, I'm finding I don't have to run much in order to keep improving my run, as long as I am on PCs. That's great news as far as minimizing injuries from the pounding one can take when running.

Biking times took a little longer before they really began to improve, and I'm just now getting really good improvements in my race speeds. Combine better biking speed (1st in my AG on the bike split last weekend, even though my wife commented that I was the slowest of everybody over the four speed bumps...what can I say?...I was being very careful after watching the tour riders crash the past three weeks...and why take chances?) with much better running after the bike (over 4 minutes faster on my 5K compared to last year), and I'm very happy. Ah, but I'm getting ahead of myself...I'll wait until the end of the season to post results.

Anyway, I'm glad I was fortunate enough to have begun PC training last December. I'm certain PC training will prove to be a boon to the average triathlete, at least. Even if they don't prove to be beneficial to the average triathlete, they've proven to me to be beneficial to me.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply