Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Arm pad foam?
Quote | Reply
Anyone have good recommendations for replacement foam I can buy for my extensions? Recently the Velcro came off of mine, I think they were in need or replacing anyways. Any help is appreciated on how you DIY your arm pads!

- Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Arm pad foam? [Matt_ajohnson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depending on your brand of aerobars, replacement pads can often be ordered or found online (ebay).

For DIY, the old go to is cutting up a neoprene mouse mat. The foam tends to be fairly high density (vs. say wetsuit neoprene) and one side has brushed fabric for absorption/grip. Readily available at office supply stores.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Matt_ajohnson wrote:
Anyone have good recommendations for replacement foam I can buy for my extensions? Recently the Velcro came off of mine, I think they were in need or replacing anyways. Any help is appreciated on how you DIY your arm pads!

- Matt

ceegees. Incredible upgrade.
https://ceegees.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nike 4% are made with a rubber that is used in small aircraft spaces to reduce vibration... Its supposed to be good foam...with excrptional return properties... Might be wble to research a plane engineering source
Quote Reply
Re: Arm pad foam? [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lacticturkey wrote:
Nike 4% are made with a rubber that is used in small aircraft spaces to reduce vibration... Its supposed to be good foam...with excrptional return properties... Might be wble to research a plane engineering source
At first I thought you recommend to cut up the 4%, that would have be a pricey upgrade.
Ceegees been mentioned, ain’t DIY but great.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use hobby foam pads from the local craft store. Use double sided tape or hook & loop to attach. You can glue multiple layers together for thickness. That's about as cheap and diy as you can go (besides chopping up mouse pads as mentioned above)

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Arm pad foam? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems to be a common suggestion I would have never thought of that! Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: Arm pad foam? [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would the foam from my alphaflys work?
Quote Reply
Re: Arm pad foam? [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking into these for sure! Looks like a good alternative. I wasn't really a fan of the ones that originally came on my Vision bars but these seem thicker and have some great reviews! Thank you for the suggestion
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another suggestion here for mouse pad foam. I stick it down with double-sided carpet tape. Works amazing, and cheap to throw away & replace when it gets gross.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I swapped the stock argpn ones for the ceegee cushys after the OEM wore out. I did need to remover a pad spacer to account for the thickness, but it's not really squishy, just thicker and firmer. What that means is that it's so much more comfortable yet control is much better too. I'll be replacing the stock pads on any new bikes straight away in future.
Quote Reply
Re: Arm pad foam? [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CeeGee started producing "race" foam which is about 7mm thick. Same comfort and durabilit without the 15mm thickness
Quote Reply