Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Argon 18 - Mercury RPT
Quote | Reply
Anyone know much about Argon 18 bikes? In particular the Mercury APT, which looks quite fast.

http://www.veloargon18.com/eng/velo_mercury.htm

Thanks
Last edited by: bryanjaf: Jul 22, 03 14:53
Quote Reply
Re: Argon 18 - Mercury RPT [bryanjaf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw that bike in triatlete and thought it looked very nice myself. But it doesn't come in my size. So I stopped looking into it.

Olen
Quote Reply
Re: Argon 18 - Mercury RPT [muscle.boy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
size? size? size? dude the bike would look sexy under you. just get a super long seat post and super long stem. it is better to look good then to feel. good.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The frame appears to utilize some unusual type of attaching the carbon stays to the aluminum mainframe. If I were you, I would wait until the design has been out for a while before plunking down any cash.
Quote Reply
Re: Argon 18 - Mercury RPT [john] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I appreciate your economic sensibility. However, I cannot even locate a dealer at this point let alone a retail price on the frame. As such I am merely day dreaming at this point. No new bikes until 2005. Just wondering whether I should keep my eye on these cats.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one of their tri bikes - Xenon. All Alu without the funky carbon rear end of the Mercury. I'm very happy with the fit - my LBS sent in my measurements and they did the rest. Their service has been good in terms of delivering what and when they promised. A few of the Canadian National team guys ride their road bikes.

Deke
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you in North America?
On the American site it seems to have it's dealers pretty spred out. I'm like you- come 2005 I may be looking for one of these too, very nice!

-

I don't work here, I just live here
Quote Reply
Re: Argon 18 - Mercury RPT [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live in New York. Every time I click on the Argon 18 dealer page it crashes my browser so I have no idea who sells these bikes. I am sure nobody locally.

Right now I am keeping my eye on Argon, Javelin and Guru. I like to be a little different.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I too saw the ad in Triathelete, and had problems with the dealer page crashing the browser. I did e-mail them and got a price for frame and fork of $1,595. I'm just a little concerned about the joining of carbon to Al. They also sent me a number for a dealer in New Hampshire, but I have miss placed it at present
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryan, if you like to be a little different why not a Felt? I'm usaully one of only two or three with a Felt at every race I enter. They really are great bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: Argon 18 - Mercury RPT [tripoet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because when you and I ride I do not want us to look like Team Felt. Speaking of which, I may be doing GWB to Piermont laps (pending weather review) on Sunday if you are interested.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Team Felt indeed. Email me at my private address and we'll do the ride on Sunday (weather permitting).
Quote Reply