Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Are you a little sad that Bjorn is not riding a Cervelo?
Quote | Reply
It's like the end of a great era. It makes me a little sad.
Quote Reply
Re: Are you a little sad that Bjorn is not riding a Cervelo? [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice troll, but I'll take the bait. No, it's just a frigging bike. I'll enjoy watching Bjorn crush the bike portion no matter what he rides.
Quote Reply
Re: Are you a little sad that Bjorn is not riding a Cervelo? [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I cried myself to sleep last night. It was therapeutic.

Jodi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Makes no difference to me. I'm just gonna have to take apart my Cervelo and build up my QR frame.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All I gotta say is if Bjorn was shopping for a new bike sponsor...

...Titanflex missed a great opportunity. Wink

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bjorn and Cervelo made a good pairing for a number of reasons, but things change and move on. I think QR, in an odd way, now benefits from Bjorn's former association with Cervelo- as in, the brands have a degree of interchageability- at least that may be how some consumers view this move- comparable brands. That is good for QR when you evaluate market share based on statistics like the old Kona Bike Count where QR was trailing Cervelo on market share.

QR is a great company, but they have some marketing ground to make up and the Bjorn move will be a part of that I think. That said, QR's placement of really fine athletes in Ironman distance events, with Team Timex, etc. was some really good sports marketing.

And finally, Bjorn is a class guy who will be fast on anything, so I think we'll see an interesting set-up for him on his new QR and some more exciting performances too.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
uhm, that would be no. On my lifes list of things that make me "sad"- or on my list of things I give a crap about- I give 2 sh*ts as to what bike this bjorn guy rides, or anyone rides for that matter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am more sad he couldn't be seen on a TTX. I wonder what it would have cost to get him on one....

Owner of a few Speed Concepts since 2011.
Quote Reply
Re: Are you a little sad that Bjorn is not riding a Cervelo? [ttx_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Knowing that he only got frames from Cervelo, you can do the math.
Quote Reply
Re: Are you a little sad that Bjorn is not riding a Cervelo? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"consumers view the move"? I'm gonna have to go with a big WTF are you talking about? No one outside of 1/10th of the people on ST have any idea who he is or give a crap what he did ride and what he will ride. "consumers view the move"?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It makes me a little sad, but mostly proud. Like the day my oldest daughter went off to kindergarten. Sniff!
Quote Reply
Re: Are you a little sad that Bjorn is not riding a Cervelo? [canadafan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"consumers view the move"? I'm gonna have to go with a big WTF are you talking about? No one outside of 1/10th of the people on ST have any idea who he is or give a crap what he did ride and what he will ride. "consumers view the move"?
I guess you missed the thread where Dan talked about the readership stats for ST huh?

"I really wish you would post more often. You always have some good stuff to say. I copied it below just in case someone missed it." BarryP to Chainpin on 10/21/06

Quote Reply
Interbike from this week ... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it made me quiver, just a little
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know what Bjorn is going through. It's tough. When I first swapped from Cervelo to Kestrel there was the feelings of guilt, the anxiety and the sleepless nights. You'll get over the withdrawal shakes that come from being Cerveloless eventually, but you'll never completely get over that pit in your stomach that never leaves you whenever somebody mentions the words "bike" and "Canada" in the same sentence.

Tough it out Bjorn. We at ST understand.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sad he'll be riding such a damned ugly bike! Deano--you know my views on all that ROO crap on the frame. ;-)

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Are you a little sad that Bjorn is not riding a Cervelo? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
When I first swapped from Cervelo to Kestrel...

What?! Cerveloguy doesn't ride a Cervelo?

Why

you

great

big

PHONY!!!

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was all busted up about it last night and this morning. But, then I went and pounded a bottle of Coke and immediately downed a role of Mentos and feel somewhat better, albeit a little fizzy....

Just out of curisosity, what bike does Jason Goldberg ride, if any, ever?
Quote Reply
Re: Are you a little sad that Bjorn is not riding a Cervelo? [Macho Grande] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just out of curisosity, what bike does Jason Goldberg ride, if any, ever?

An aluminum QR, not sure which one.

Jonathan Blyer,
ACME Bicycle Co., Brooklyn, NY
Quote Reply
Re: Are you a little sad that Bjorn is not riding a Cervelo? [jonblyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Um, ok, I'd believe that when I see photographic proof. All current photographic evidence to the contrary points to a different answer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sad I've worked about 58 out of the last 60 days.
Quote Reply
Re: Are you a little sad that Bjorn is not riding a Cervelo? [jonblyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All i have to say is...

"Show me the money"

Simple as that. If Huffy decided to throw a boat load of money at ANY of the top riders to ride their bike, what do u think is going to happen..?!?

Money talks and Bullshit walks..!

Paul..
Quote Reply
Re: Are you a little sad that Bjorn is not riding a Cervelo? [Macho Grande] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's the big deal either way? The guy has a lot of bikes, more than just the QR I mentioned.
I live about 3/4 of a mile from R and A and know Jason pretty well, I've seen him on the bike a handful of times, there aren't too many different places to ride in Brooklyn...

Jonathan Blyer,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The guy went through a personal tragedy, so cut him some slack. At least he's not showing up at IM races and posting 16h+ times.
Quote Reply
Re: Are you a little sad that Bjorn is not riding a Cervelo? [Paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did he do something to offend you personally or something?

This is the guy's profession. If you got a job offer with the same job description, but more money wouldn't you take it?

Jonathan Blyer,
Quote Reply

Prev Next