Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Are we expecting new Garmins coming soon?
Quote | Reply
Just opened up an email from Excel Sports and saw them Advertising "Final markdown with limited quantities remaining" on 520s and 820s...

There is a 1030, are we expecting 530s and 830s at some point soon?
Quote Reply
Re: Are we expecting new Garmins coming soon? [dcohen24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd expect a 530 soon. It's been over 2 years since the 520. Bike computers will eventually be like cell phones and how every new generation is only slightly better than the previous. Same with tri watches.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Apr 4, 18 8:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These guys have a good summary of things to come usually.

http://gpsrumors.com/

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: Are we expecting new Garmins coming soon? [PushThePace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm really waiting on Wahoo Rival. After going to the Element Bolt I have high hopes for their watch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dcohen24 wrote:
Just opened up an email from Excel Sports and saw them Advertising "Final markdown with limited quantities remaining" on 520s and 820s...

There is a 1030, are we expecting 530s and 830s at some point soon?

I got the same email and wondered the exact same thing. I'm close to pulling the trigger on a Edge 520 and know it's what I want (don't care about added features) but if a 530 is coming out soon the 520's will be had cheaper. maybe I'll wait...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I understand there's some new models due out tomorrow.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Last edited by: PhilipShambrook: Apr 4, 18 15:31
Quote Reply
Re: Are we expecting new Garmins coming soon? [PhilipShambrook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've always felt each Garmin watch I've had, 910, 920, F5 has been missing a few features and not quite there, but not so with the EDGE 520. Struggling to think what features a 530 would have that would tempt many people to dump their old 520s and fork out $400 for a new one?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Per FCC filings, a "130" model is coming soon. Based on the embargo date on the details, It looks like it will be publicly announced on or around 5/3. I've seen a placeholder listing for it on a British cycling site with it priced at 169 pounds, suggesting it should slot between the current 25 and 520. Form factor appears to be more like the 520 than the 25, though. Perhaps a 520-lite with a black/white display?

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: Apr 4, 18 18:12
Quote Reply