Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Are tires properly glued?
Quote | Reply
Got new tires at the lbs and it looks like the rear tire was not glued very well.

There is an area where the white part of the tire is noticeably showing leaving the black part (actual tire) on the other side looking like it was tucked in too much. In other words, the tires does not seem to be aligned properly and evenly on the wheel rim.

When I spin the rear wheel and I notice the tire makes the bike shake up and down. I compared this to my bike with clinchers and it did not shake as much. Might this be due to the fact that the tubular tires are mounted on deep-dish wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: Are tires properly glued? [velo123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No. And if they didn't spend the 2 minutes to get the tire on at least moderately straight just think what the rest of the job was like.
Quote Reply
Re: Are tires properly glued? [mises] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good tubies are round cheep tires arn't. What brand and model are your tires? You must learn to mount your own tires and inspect new tires especially at the presta valve area to see if they are lumpey. Thats why TUFO tires are so nice they are very round and not lumpey around the presta valve even the low price ones. Good bang for the buck thing. Other tires are good but cheeper tires are usually not as round and smooth riding as expensive ones. Good luck with the wheels and tires. Dirtball
Quote Reply