Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Are there any affordable track power meters that are worth buying?
Quote | Reply
I’m at a team pursuit camp in Indy right now and as nice as much Rotor INspider power meter is on the road, the data isn’t cutting it on the track once I bolt on the 110 to 144 bcd adapter and a chainring. $2k for a track SRM isn’t going to fly for my non-existent budget or my wife. While I love seeing that I’m doing ~7w/kg for 5 minutes. I know I’m not doing anywhere near that on day 3 this camp, so maybe I’m better off just going back to lap times and HR data for now.

Last edited by: Ohio_Roadie: May 19, 22 12:27
Quote Reply
Re: Are there any affordable track power meters that are worth buying? [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got the NGECO, came to it from a wired SRM... data is pretty good in my opinion... for a team sprint starter maybe you'd need more "instant" measurement something like a wired SRM would provide, but for a crappy pursuiter like me it's been great. (and on par with my other power meters)

For the price (and you get the aldhu crankset which opens up a lot of crank length options) it would be my suggestion. Obviously avoid the Stages like the plague... it's maybe the worst of all Stages.

*Pedals are another option, seen lots of folks without issue on power pedals... but of course you don't get the aero zero's going that route

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Last edited by: Morelock: May 19, 22 13:06
Quote Reply
Re: Are there any affordable track power meters that are worth buying? [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power2Max
I have 2 older Type S Track Powermeters.
One on my track bike and one on my TT bike with a 144BCD Pyramid NW Chainring.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had an older version of the Power2max non Track and it was crap on the track. It would fall asleep before the start of the the pursuit and TS. In Addition, its numbers were all over the place. Its was fine in a non track environment. I have use Quarqs 130 bcd on the track with descent results. Some lag at the start for a couple of second but otherwise the numbers have been good.

BoulderCyclingCoach.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you considered PM pedals? I love my Favero Assioma Duos (hacked) with my MTB. Too bad your were rained out last night. My son was there to race and I was on the way to spectate. David K
Quote Reply