Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Are issues with Tacx Flux 2.1 solved with latest firmware?
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I’m considering buying a new Tacx Flux 2.1 I found heavily discounted (40% off). The review from DC Rainmaker is not great though. I’m wondering if the latest firmware solved the issues with power surges and connectivity drops?

Alternatively, I’m considering buying a KICKR CORE or Elite Direto XR on Black Friday — hoping for some good deal to come around.

What would you recommend me to do?
Last edited by: iamgianluca: Oct 14, 21 18:10
Quote Reply
Re: Are issues with Tacx Flux 2.1 solved with latest firmware? [iamgianluca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also have the ability to get any tacx trainer 40% off through my work discount. I’ve been waiting for the flux 2.1 or the Neo 2t to come back in stock for almost a year.

They both came back in stock about a month ago and also reviewed the same DC rainmaker reviews and other ones from users on Reddit and other sites.

My conclusion was the 2.1 was likely fixed but still wasn’t that great a trainer even at the heavy discount.

The Neo 2t seemed like a much better option but even at my discount it was still over $950 with a cassette. I didn’t think it was worth that much to me over my current snap which does everything I need it to which is make me sweat. I’d much rather sign up for another Ironman than get an expensive trainer. My budget just isn’t there. Maybe if my snap dies.

But back to your question. I think you probably have a good chance at being fine but again it’s probably not that great of a trainer even for the discount.
Quote Reply