Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Are People Struggling to Find Good Advice?
Quote | Reply
Morning everyone,

Seems to be a lot of different advice floating around in the ether about how to best manage the coronavirus outbreak. I'm trying to find some of the quality advice from safety experts. Seems there's a lot of misinformation going out there. Anyone else finding the same?

Thanks, take care.

Chris
Quote Reply
Re: Are People Struggling to Find Good Advice? [Chrissmith89] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The CDC is telling us what to do. Assuming you live in America that’s literally the only advice you need.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is very little disinformation if you only listen to legit exprts in the field. Infectious disease doctors scientists and epidemiologists.

Ignore everyone else. Especially politicians
Last edited by: lightheir: Mar 26, 20 4:18
Quote Reply
Re: Are People Struggling to Find Good Advice? [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
There is very little disinformation if you only listen to legit exprts in the field. Infectious disease doctors scientists and epidemiologists.

And salesmen, like the single post OP.
Quote Reply
Re: Are People Struggling to Find Good Advice? [gregn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gregn wrote:
lightheir wrote:

And salesmen, like the single post OP.

DOh - you're right. Was trying to be helpful, and ended up feeding the Arco retail troll. Sneaky for him to land people on an 'info' page rather than a sales page.
Last edited by: lightheir: Mar 26, 20 5:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll take:
2Hazmat Suits
1 Box of masks
1 Pair of steel toed boots ( size 7)
1 Complete prison riot gear outfit (small)
1 Machete
1 Sword (Samurai preferably)
1 Crossbow (The model with the unlimited supply of bolts )

Oh and do you sell flamethrowers 'cause I'd really like one...

Thanks' in advance

Paypal: rickgrimes@ihatewalkers.org
Last edited by: ThailandUltras: Mar 26, 20 5:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I try to mostly listen to the experts like CDC and WHO. I’m actually quite tired of the posts on social media from some cousins brothers friends nurse told him this, or every random nurse, doctor, etc providing their expert opinion. I appreciate their efforts but it’s a little hard to process information when it’s coming from 1000s of voices and they all have slightly different advice and perspectives.
Quote Reply
Re: Are People Struggling to Find Good Advice? [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mickison wrote:
I try to mostly listen to the experts like CDC and WHO. I’m actually quite tired of the posts on social media from some cousins brothers friends nurse told him this, or every random nurse, doctor, etc providing their expert opinion. I appreciate their efforts but it’s a little hard to process information when it’s coming from 1000s of voices and they all have slightly different advice and perspectives.

This. I’m an anesthesiologist and therefore have knowledge in my field and medicine in general. But I am NOT in a position to have an opinion on this pandemic. I just don’t know enough about it. Honestly, all medical professionals should be pointing people to the CDC and WHO for guidance. Literally the world experts on these situations. Nobody in med school, nursing school or whatever school learned anything meaningful about global pandemics.
Quote Reply