Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Arcadian Adventures of the Idle Rich
Quote | Reply
OK, so the Arcadian part doesn't apply, but any Stephen Leacock fan would appreciate it. The Idle Rich part certainly applies.

Anyway, I was going through a magazine that is an insert every month into the Globe and Mail. At the back they had "adventure" type things..boats, etc. So there was a triathlon "starter kit", which, well if it's a "starter" kit, then I'm beating Peter Reid at Kona this year.

"Here's everything you need to become a triathlete overnight.(Guess finishing a race is no longer a requirement). Nineteen Riptide Wetsuit, $329. AquaSeal Gogges, $39. Giro Atmos helmet, $229. Cervelo P3 Carbon with Zipp 808 Wheel set. Polar S725X heart rate monitor, $399. Clothing in the pictures was supplied by Pearl Izumi. Aerosensor singlet, $130. Aerosensor shorts, $190. Flow cycling shoe, $170. Team running jersey, $50. Infinity running shorts, $50. Syncro Float shoes, $160." I can't find the part that says Finishing a sprint in 2:45 with this equipment: Priceless!

I haven't received a response yet to my question about next month's issue, and if they will recommend what those of us who are past the beginner equipment above should get ourselves into.

"I can endure more pain than anyone you've ever met. That's why I can beat anyone I've ever met." Steve Prefontaine, Without Limits
Quote Reply