Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Applying Ironman Oceania race credits
Quote | Reply
Hi there,

Has anyone been able to figure out how to apply Ironman Oceania race credits for the event opened for early registration today?

The email I received said to follow the normal registration process and then at checkout the race credits will be available under 'Credit Balance Information'. The only problem is that there is nothing on the page that mentions credit balance in any way and the only checkout option is to pay through your credit card.

I have tried using different browsers and made sure I was logged into my Ironman and Active accounts but it didn't change anything.

Tomorrow general registration is opened up so I am worried that the races will fill before I can enter.

I tried emailing and phoning the support details they provided but received no response from either.

Since this forum has answers to just about every triathlon problem I thought I would check if anyone has successfully used their credit to register.

Thanks,

Brendan
Quote Reply
Re: Applying Ironman Oceania race credits [brendank13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just in case anyone is seeing this later and wondering what happened, I still haven't got a specific response. However, I received an email from Active saying one even I entered yesterday had been refunded (and the entry is still valid) which left me with one credit and when I went in to enter today I could apply the credit as intended.

I suspect that the issue might be because I had two credits but it could have been something else. Either way, I am entered into the event I wanted now and looking forward to getting back to racing :).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Yer I tried to enter one and no credit was shown so I am not sure if it hasn't been set up like they had suggested.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Brendan,

Did you have to pay first with your credit card before Active sent you the email refunding it due to the event credit?

I have an event credit but am unable to utilize it as well. I suspect I may have to do it during Tier 1 registration where it says for deferral, but I'm not entirely sure.

Appreciate if you can shine some light here. Hope you had a great race.
Quote Reply
Re: Applying Ironman Oceania race credits [shanetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Shane,

I may have forgotten some of the details here but I don't think I had to make any new payments on my credit. card. After I sent them an email, they initiated a refund for one of my race credits and that left me with only one remaining which I could use to enter the next years event.

They took a little while (a day or two) to reply to the email enquiry but were great once they got involved.

I hope that you have a similar positive experience :).

Brendan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool. Thanks for the reply!
Quote Reply