Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Apple heart health alerts?
Quote | Reply
So last night about two hours following a reasonably tough cycle I was sitting on the couch and got my first ever heart alert from my Apple Watch that my heart rate had spiked over 120 bpm while resting (spiked to 140).

I thought it was just a glitch and ignored it. About 45 mins later in bed I got another alert and then another after another 15 mins.

Is this type of thing reliable, or is it more likely just the watch getting a bogus reading? Kind of considering going to see a doc which I know is the safe bet but would be interested to hear if anyone else has experienced this?
Quote Reply
Re: Apple heart health alerts? [dunno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have another device to double check? Or maybe by hand?
Does walking up the stairs takes your breath now?
Had you ever arterial fibrillation?
If there is anything different then before go see a doctor. To be sure see a doc anyway.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Re: Apple heart health alerts? [shoki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shoki wrote:
Do you have another device to double check? Or maybe by hand?
Does walking up the stairs takes your breath now?
Had you ever arterial fibrillation?
If there is anything different then before go see a doctor. To be sure see a doc anyway.

I have a heart rate strap which I will keep on following my next session to see if I can replicate the problem. Otherwise I feel normal and have never had any heart problems.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speaking from experience, if your heart jumps to 140 bpm when you’re just sitting there and you’re awake, you’ll notice. If you didn’t feel any different, chances are good it was just a glitch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You don't need a strap. Just feel your pulse - http://www.instructables.com/...easure-Radial-Pulse/

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Apple heart health alerts? [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
craigj532 wrote:
Speaking from experience, if your heart jumps to 140 bpm when you’re just sitting there and you’re awake, you’ll notice. If you didn’t feel any different, chances are good it was just a glitch.

This is what I was going to post. I've never had it but talking to people who have, they know when their heart starts racing.
Quote Reply