Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Apple Watch O2 readings
Quote | Reply
A bit of a silly question but wondering what other people are seeing on their O2 monitor on the Apple watch 6. I am usually between 94 and 97%, but mostly 94 or 95.

I am not expecting the watch to be crazy accurate, but wondering if there is a correlation between fitness and O2 saturation, and wondering if I am lower than my similarly trainer peers (I am in my 50s).
Last edited by: The Guardian: Mar 30, 21 12:20
Quote Reply
Re: Apple Watch O2 readings [The Guardian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am in my 50s. The readings my watch takes are 97%-99%. I get an occasional 100 and rarely see 95 or lower. When I manually take a reading (consciously be still the whole time), I usually get 99-100. I did one just now and got 100%. The two earlier automated readings my watch took today were 97%
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can go into the health app and see a history.

My range this week has bee 93-100%, measuring 100% just now. Daily average is 96.8%.

Female, over 60.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 93 to 100. I'm also a male that will be 64 this Sunday. Planning at least a 64 mile bike ride Sunday to celebrate.
Quote Reply
Re: Apple Watch O2 readings [Juanmoretime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Juanmoretime wrote:
I'm 93 to 100. I'm also a male that will be 64 this Sunday. Planning at least a 64 mile bike ride Sunday to celebrate.

Heck yeah! My birthday is also April 4. (I'll be 59.) And I, too, am planning on riding.

For the OP, my readings offer the past 5 months have ranged from 89 to 100%, 94 to 100% over the last week.
Quote Reply
Re: Apple Watch O2 readings [sathomasga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sathomasga wrote:
Juanmoretime wrote:

Heck yeah! My birthday is also April 4. (I'll be 59.) And I, too, am planning on riding.

For the OP, my readings offer the past 5 months have ranged from 89 to 100%, 94 to 100% over the last week.

Happy Birthday to us! ;^)
Quote Reply
Re: Apple Watch O2 readings [Juanmoretime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Juanmoretime wrote:
sathomasga wrote:
Juanmoretime wrote:

Happy Birthday to us! ;^)

Happy Birthday and thanks all! Sounds like I am in the ballpark. When I googled O2 saturation it seemed to say 96 to 100 was typical so I figured some comparables would be interesting since I am usually just below that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I dont have the Apple Pulse Ox (O2) device, but a separate Pulse Oximeter that I use at the House. I live at 8500 feet and find it really interesting how the Pulse Ox varies with hard intervals. Normally at Home, I'm at 94-96 %, down in Denver at 5300 feet it rises up to 97-98%.

After vary hard intervals at home it can drop to low 90's. That's when i get that 'out of gas' feeling'. I'm beginning to think that Pulse Ox is one of those parameters that might be important to track for a while !
Quote Reply