Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Apple TV, Zwift and HRM
Quote | Reply
I'm using a Kickr with Apple TV 4. Works well, but I can't hook up my Garmin HRM. Is there a solution/work around? Or should I just buy a bluetooth HRM, if so which one?
Quote Reply
Re: Apple TV, Zwift and HRM [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am using Apple TV too...had a kickr but now have the hammer...only way I have been able to make it work was to get a new hr strap...am using the wahoo one...works great.

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's a section in this zwiftinsider post on connecting via AppleTV and whether you might need an ANT+ to BLE bridge.

https://zwiftinsider.com/how-to-broadcast-zwift-from-any-device-onto-your-big-screen-tv/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the CABLE ANT+ to BLE bridge, since I also get power and cadence via ANT+, and it works great. But it may be more cost effective to switch to an HRM like the Wahoo Tickr if that's the only data you have trouble getting into Zwift.
Quote Reply
Re: Apple TV, Zwift and HRM [robegan99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had same issue.

For Zwift bought Wahoo TIKR HRM as it does bluetooth
Quote Reply
Re: Apple TV, Zwift and HRM [robegan99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use CABLE too, works perfect. Also, Apple TV does not allow more than two simultaneous Bluetooth connections so if you add a power meter or other devices you'll need to either use the bridge or connect sensors through the companion app.

robegan99 wrote:
I use the CABLE ANT+ to BLE bridge, since I also get power and cadence via ANT+, and it works great. But it may be more cost effective to switch to an HRM like the Wahoo Tickr if that's the only data you have trouble getting into Zwift.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not to cause a shit storm but who cares about Hr on the bike? I am sure a debate may ensue BUT power is THE number that matters. Power can drop with exhaustion and HR remain constant ... which would you follow? Keep pushing harder to keep power up to keep Hr constant or listen to power numbers to realize needs to let off a bit.

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As others said you can get Bluetooth HRM but not necessary since you can just buy the Cable Ant+ bridge and connect multiple Ant+ to one Bluetooth channel. Definitely the way to go. Got mine off amazon in 2 days.
Quote Reply
Re: Apple TV, Zwift and HRM [rhys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rhys wrote:
Not to cause a shit storm but who cares about Hr on the bike? I am sure a debate may ensue BUT power is THE number that matters. Power can drop with exhaustion and HR remain constant ... which would you follow? Keep pushing harder to keep power up to keep Hr constant or listen to power numbers to realize needs to let off a bit.
Most races on Zwift will DQ you if you don't have HR, so there's that.
Quote Reply
Re: Apple TV, Zwift and HRM [nchristi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
. News to me. So now i need to know how to synch hr monitor as just signed up to Zwift!

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cable is a better solution than buying an additional HRM, especially with the limit of BT connections specifically associated with appleTV.
Quote Reply
Re: Apple TV, Zwift and HRM [ors0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting I just tried to pair my Garmin HrM to Zwift app on iPhone and it won’t pair.

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Re: Apple TV, Zwift and HRM [ors0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While the OP was referring to ANT+, if using BLE devices with ATV, the Zwift Companion app will serve as a hub of sorts.

Also, for HR, I use Scosche's Rhythm+, as it does both ANT+ (Garmin computer) & BLE (for Suunto watch & Zwift).

#cureMS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another recommendation for the NPE CABLE device https://www.amazon.com/...p;keywords=npe+cable

It can sync with several ANT+ and Bluetooth devices at the same time then is "seen" by the Apple TV (or TrainerRoad on your phone, etc) as one device. This gets you around the 2 Bluetooth device limit on the Apple TV and also allows you to sync ANT+ devices with Apple TV or your phone via Bluetooth. I use this primarily because I still have an ANT+ only power meter.

All that being said, if you are just using a Kickr and the HR strap (2 devices) it is going to be the same price and way easier to just buy a Bluetooth HR strap . . . .
Quote Reply
Re: Apple TV, Zwift and HRM [STP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's my set up if it helps at all:

Kickr for power and control - connects to AppleTV Zwift App
DuoTrap for cadence - connects to AppleTV Zwift App
Scosche Arm HRM - connects to Zwift companion app on my iphone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rhys wrote:

I wanted it mostly for running
Quote Reply
Re: Apple TV, Zwift and HRM [mbecks2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just purchased an Apple TV for Zwift and realize i'm not able to use my Garmin heart rate monitor and cadence sensor. I was looking at purchasing the Cable +Ant bridge but I see that is works only with the iphone for adding devices for bluetooth. I used an Android phone, is there a way to use the bridge to connect my Ant + devices directly to the Apple TV without a iphone??

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Apple TV, Zwift and HRM [chrisandcebu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only way to configure it is with the iOS only app, but once that's done you don't need the iOS for anything else so if someone you know has one you could use that for setup and you're good to go.

Other than that looks like a Bluetooth HRM

Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Apple TV, Zwift and HRM [mbecks2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, if I only need to pair it once that will be okay. My wife and daughter have apple phones so this will do the trick.
Quote Reply
Re: Apple TV, Zwift and HRM [chrisandcebu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah definitely. You may need to switch some settings from time to time but if they’re in the house no issues there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Save yourself time and just buy a Wahoo Tickr on Amazon for under $50. I have the same setup as you with Apple TV and it’s flawless.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rhys wrote:

HR+Power is way more useful than Power alone when tracking over the course of a season.
Quote Reply