Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

App for hrv?
Quote | Reply
Is there a decent Android app I I can use to measure hrv with my heart strap? I'd like to see if it is a useful metric without buying a $500 watch.
Quote Reply
Re: App for hrv? [jroden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know about one that uses a strap, but HRV4Training works well using the phone's camera.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is a recent thread with some ideas.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...u_think%3F_P6846222/
Last edited by: exxxviii: Jan 11, 20 12:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Elite HRV works well with my Scosche rhythm 24. I was pretty diligent with HRV for a few months, but eventually stopped tracking it. I’m trying to get more into a “listen to your body” mindset.

The HRV readings I was getting corresponded well to my training so I feel it was fairly accurate.
Quote Reply
Re: App for hrv? [Parkland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I read the other thread maybe I'm looking for something magical and easy. I guess after 40 years maybe I can listen to my body too.

I bought a used 920xt for the recovery advisor, but it seems a little weak, so I'm selling it and going back to the olde 310xt or my watch with hands.

I have friends who really like the whoop, but they often seem to do the same stuff despite the evidence.

I'm thinking the next generation of smart watches might really nail the recovery and heart stuff
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can only recommend the mySASY I have been using - you need a Bluetooth chest strap and download the app, the basic program is for free... What is more is that using the optical sensor in the watches is not as accurate as the chest strap as far as I know.

Barbora
mySASY ambassador
Last edited by: barborkas: Apr 1, 20 5:31
Quote Reply