Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Anyone using good TT bar grip solutions that aren’t tape? Specifically referring to Alpha X
Quote | Reply
Bought an Alpha X and am in search of a good non-tape solution for the basebar. For my large hands there’s really not enough room to put bar tape on the fairly short grip section. Anyone using non-tape solutions for basebar grips?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone using good TT bar grip solutions that aren’t tape? Specifically referring to Alpha X [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
skateboard deck tape

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone using good TT bar grip solutions that aren’t tape? Specifically referring to Alpha X [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
people have posted this stuff up on the forum lately. I've got some on order for the extensions. But on my alpha x base bar I've just left it bare for awhile now. It's got some sort of sandpaper type grip on it that works fine.

https://www.amazon.com/...rds=heat+shrink+grip
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone using good TT bar grip solutions that aren’t tape? Specifically referring to Alpha X [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s a good idea. Living in the southern US I’m concerned about totally slipping off a bare bar come summer time. Will check it out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used tennis racquet tape on bars and extensions on the alpha x that I had.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Textured heat shrink tubing?

https://finishrink.com/non-slip-tubing.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Strips of old inner tube as ghetto 'bar tape'.

Don't laugh, it works really well and costs basically $0.

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Profile Design aero rape. Not even a mm thick, comes with enough to do 2 bikes. I put it on my bike in strips instead of 1 continuous piece,worka great! It provides plenty if grip and even a tiny bit of cushioning.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use Velcro the soft part
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well funny you should ask, In out trisports hoard we have some profile base and extension bar end grips. They looks pretty cool and eliminate the need for bar tape. To me that is the real beauty besides having a nice rubber grip to hold onto when there is some heavy sweating involved.

Come in 4 paks(two for base bar, two for extensions I guess) I sell you very good price....
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone using good TT bar grip solutions that aren’t tape? Specifically referring to Alpha X [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Well funny you should ask, In out trisports hoard we have some profile base and extension bar end grips. They looks pretty cool and eliminate the need for bar tape. To me that is the real beauty besides having a nice rubber grip to hold onto when there is some heavy sweating involved.

Come in 4 paks(two for base bar, two for extensions I guess) I sell you very good price....

These are what I use.. had to cut down the ones for the basebar ends but they're grippy even when wet.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone using good TT bar grip solutions that aren’t tape? Specifically referring to Alpha X [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
These are what I use.. had to cut down the ones for the basebar ends but they're grippy even when wet.
Thats good to know, when I get done riding my mountain bike I plan to put these on my Tri bike, bar ends and basebars..
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone using good TT bar grip solutions that aren’t tape? Specifically referring to Alpha X [SkippiTT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SkippiTT wrote:
Profile Design aero
rape.

Huh?

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know you are asking about non tape but lizard skin makes a really thin baseball grip tape that is great (and much cheaper than their bike tape). About $10/roll which would easily cover the section you need a couple times over.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone using good TT bar grip solutions that aren’t tape? Specifically referring to Alpha X [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speaking of which, any update on the remaining inventory???
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone using good TT bar grip solutions that aren’t tape? Specifically referring to Alpha X [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We are doing it in pieces right now, getting ready for Wildflower. But we do plan on making an offering on most of it here before we go there, so stay tuned. I did put up some tubular tires on the classifieds, but seems not many use them anymore, too bad as they are cheap. Need any grips?? (-;
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, No but I sent a pm on wetsuit
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone using good TT bar grip solutions that aren’t tape? Specifically referring to Alpha X [ChrisT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisT wrote:

x2. $5 for 10 rolls of good wilson tape knockoff on ebay.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Silicone "rescue tape". Thin (aero), grippy, and fuses to itself (no sticky adhesive). Doesn't really have any cushioning, but I'm not spending a lot of time out of aero.

Any auto parts store will have it.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Grip tape user here. I got a roll from IKEA, originally meant to be taped on stairs - super cheap and will last a lifetime.

I live in a very humid climate and most grips (used to have the Felt aerobar grips, for example) tend to slip if you apply a lot of force. With grip tape? Nothing. I was hesitant, but the stuff is so grippy that my hands don't move at all - meaning no blistering/chafing.

Used it for a technical sprint tri - something like 20 roundabounds and a series of 90-deg turns - and it was spot on even when I was still soaking wet.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am 100% tapeless on my Alpha X. The finish in the area by the brake levers is roughened. I do not wear gloves or tape and have never had a grip issue. I also live and race in the southeast US with high humidity.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone using good TT bar grip solutions that aren’t tape? Specifically referring to Alpha X [neilridley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, that’s the stuff. As used by me and Team GB.

Developing aero, fit and other fun stuff at Red is Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had the same set of ESI silicone mountain bike grips for about a year now. Will likely pull them off and trim them up when I re-cable my bike here in the next month or so.

Quote Reply
Re: Anyone using good TT bar grip solutions that aren’t tape? Specifically referring to Alpha X [ChrisT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisT wrote:

I also use tennis tape. Specifically tennis overgrip. It is thin and tacky and I don't see going back to regular bar tape on my tri bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone using good TT bar grip solutions that aren’t tape? Specifically referring to Alpha X [TennesseeJed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TennesseeJed wrote:
ChrisT wrote:

I also use tennis tape. Specifically tennis overgrip. It is thin and tacky and I don't see going back to regular bar tape on my tri bike.

Same thing here. Got 3 rolls for like $7 on amazon. It will last me a long time.
Quote Reply

Prev Next