Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone using Vetta's wireless cadence computer?
Quote | Reply
Vetta has a new wireless cadence computer V100something. I really, really, like the idea of not having to zip tie or tape wires to a frame that has internal cable routing, i.e. I can't hide the cadence wire alongside the derailleur cable housing. I find that i have a training and racing bike both in need of computers and thought that the cost (on sale for $89 at performance) would be slightly more justifiable if I used it on two bikes. How well does the wireless cadence work? Can cadence, current speed and average speed all be displayed at once? And most importantly does anyone know where I could purchase additional mounting kits?

thanks

sweet
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone using Vetta's wireless cadence computer? [Sweet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you have Shimano shifters, I think the FlightDeck is an even better option. It has no hardware at all for the cadence (it calculates it by knowing what gear you're in by sensors in the shifters), so there is nothing but the computer head and mounting bracket, the transmitter that goes on the fork, and the magnet on the wheel. Very sweet setup, though if you don't have shifters that work with it, I just typed a completely worthless post. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone using Vetta's wireless cadence computer? [Sweet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet,
I looked at the Vetta website www.vetta.com and saw that the wireless computer has an optional Wired cadence sensor. Not so good for the aero frame! I am looking at the Polar S series with wireless speed and optional wireless cadence. Anyone got ideas on the Polar S series bike computer/heartrate monitor?

Pablo
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone using Vetta's wireless cadence computer? [Pablo&Yoko] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Sweet,
I looked at the Vetta website http://www.vetta.com and saw that the wireless computer has an optional Wired cadence sensor. Not so good for the aero frame!
Vetta's website needs to be updated. They do indeed have a computer w/ wireless cadence. I have a friend w/one & he says his works well. I'm expecting mine any day now.
Quote Reply