Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone use a BKOOL trainer?
Quote | Reply
I am thinking of buying a wheel on Smart Trainer, I am kind of intrigued by the BKOOL, but it seems tough to find much info out there.
Does anyone here use one? how do you like it?.
My question applies more to the actual hardware then the software, as I am already using Rouvy and will most likely keep on using it even if I buy a new trainer (though I would probably try the Bkool simulator if I get the trainer).
Last edited by: trener1: Dec 21, 17 10:32
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use a BKOOL trainer? [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi yes ive got the bkool pro 2, i chose it for the cost, got a great deal here in the uk, its a weight bearing trainer, more geared for sitting down, i use trainer road and zwift both connect ok, software is ok although when on a hill you know about it, i find quiet as well, another reason i bought a wheel on trainer is ive 2 bikes, 1. 11 speed and one 10 speed, to sum up i find the trainer is very good and i use it 4 times a week,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are intrigued by the the bkool because of price or something else?

SmartBikeTrainers.com || YouTube || My Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use a BKOOL trainer? [Tri Nut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can’t go wrong with the Wahoo Kickr Snap (and FulGaz.com). Both rock solid and excellent. Not tried Bkool hardware but did subscribe for a year. Only used the software a few times as (for me) it was buggy and not very user friendly.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use a BKOOL trainer? [Tri Nut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri Nut wrote:
Are intrigued by the the bkool because of price or something else?

Kind of a bit of both reasons.
The older version is currently $200 less then the Snap and intrigued as well by something different.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use a BKOOL trainer? [Gmehje] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gmehje wrote:
You can’t go wrong with the Wahoo Kickr Snap (and FulGaz.com). Both rock solid and excellent. Not tried Bkool hardware but did subscribe for a year. Only used the software a few times as (for me) it was buggy and not very user friendly.

I stopped using their App-I'm not a techie but the graphics totally sucked-only good thing about it was rides that were on my Garmin auto loaded in and I could ride the routes indoors-great for IM training...other Apps do the same thing.

For Zwift it works great, only issue is its a sit on the seat platform, need weight on the rear wheel, so if that matters look elsewhere...

I scoped mine a BKool Pro for $300 used, from I guy in my club who used it a few times and his wife wanted a Peloton instead.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
About the time this thread started Bkool announced the 'Bkool Smart Air'. Now several year on and the unit appears to be in stock for purchase on Wiggle but I'm still not sure I have seen a real picture of a working unit. The photos on the Bkool website appear to be CGI/computer renditions, no one seems to have reviewed the unit and the only spy shots I have seen are of a non-working unit from interbike a few years back. What is going on?

If the unit work the design looks very intriguing and the provided numbers are promising. I would have expected a bigger launch though if everything added up.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use a BKOOL trainer? [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scott8888 wrote:
About the time this thread started Bkool announced the 'Bkool Smart Air'. Now several year on and the unit appears to be in stock for purchase on Wiggle but I'm still not sure I have seen a real picture of a working unit. The photos on the Bkool website appear to be CGI/computer renditions, no one seems to have reviewed the unit and the only spy shots I have seen are of a non-working unit from interbike a few years back. What is going on?

There's a few unboxing videos up on YouTube. And a couple of videos of people riding it. As for 'reviews', zero. I've been banging on their door since talking to them about it at Eurobike 2018...... It looks revolutionary. It needs to be more than looks.

I wouldn't touch one until we've seen the numbers it produces and someone reports on the ride feel / experience.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use a BKOOL trainer? [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ive tried to contact them as their bike is a solution for my gym at work. their email response asking for details was super vague. it turned me off to their product and company very quickly.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply