Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone received an update from IMTX?
Quote | Reply
I never got an email or anything, only found out about the cancellation here.
Reached out to their support email and was told they would be sending out an email with more information soon, but still haven’t received anything.
The complete lack of communication is concerning.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone received an update from IMTX? [Elsa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in the same boat.. never got the first email and haven't heard anything about reschedule or transfer options.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you verified your email is "subscribed" in your profile preferences. I wasn't getting emails either and had to go back into my profile an subscribe to ALL communication from IM. Obviously they doesn't help right now but it should fix it going forward. Here is the text of the email they blasted out on 3/16:

Dear IRONMAN Texas Athlete,

After a challenging 2020 which saw numerous sporting events cancelled around the world, our teams have been hard at work to prepare safe and enjoyable in-person events for our athletes in 2021, including the IRONMAN Texas triathlon.

We have learned from both Harris County and Harris County Toll Road Authority that due to the Harris County COVID-19 Threat Level System currently at Level 1: Stay Home, and the resulting impact this has on the bike course, we regret to inform you that the IRONMAN Texas triathlon cannot take place on April 24, 2021.

This is not the news any of us wanted to receive especially after the challenges faced over the past year, and we are working diligently with the local authorities and key stakeholders on all potential options. We know how anxious our athletes are to be able to return to racing and we hope to have further event updates for you in early April.

With the support of our host communities, it remains our top priority to deliver the excellent and safe race experiences our athletes deserve. Our teams are continuing their hard work with local authorities and agencies and are hopeful to have a good solution in place for IRONMAN Texas to take place in The Woodlands during October 2021 that meets local community objectives.

We encourage you to keep your training up and the motivation going by joining us on the Free IRONMAN Virtual Club platform!

If you have additional questions, please contact texas@ironman.com.

Thank you for your ongoing patience and support. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Woodlands with a great event in the future.

The IRONMAN Texas Team

Cheers, Ray
Last edited by: TX83: Apr 1, 21 8:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in the exact same position. Never received notice on the initial cancellation and nothing since. Glad I was stalking Slowtwitch.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone received an update from IMTX? [TX83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is the newest email that just came out......

We appreciate your patience while we have worked diligently with local officials and stakeholders to identify a new Fall race date. We are pleased to share that IRONMAN Texas will return on Oct. 9, 2021.

All registered athletes of the 2021 IRONMAN Texas triathlon will have their race registration automatically moved to the October 2021 date, but to provide flexibility for athletes, we have also made a variety of options available for registrants to select a 2021 or 2022 IRONMAN race date and location that best suits them.

Here are the race options to choose from:

1) Remain in 2021 IRONMAN Texas: October 9, 2021 (Automatic Option)
2) Free transfer to 2021 IRONMAN Indiana: October 2, 2021
3) Free transfer to 2021 IRONMAN Waco: October 23, 2021
4) Free deferral to 2022 IRONMAN Texas: April 23, 2022

Immediately following this communication, you will receive an email with a link to select your race option. If you would like to compete on October 9, 2021 no action is required at this time. For any other option you will have until Friday, April 16 at 11:59 p.m. ET to complete your selection in the provided link. Refunds will not be offered.

If you have additional questions, please contact texas@ironman.com. Our team will continue to work hard developing and refining operational plans in a manner consistent with local community objectives and within the guidelines and recommendations set by public health entities as it relates to COVID-19. Please remember to follow us on Facebook and check out the event website for race day updates.

Thank you for your commitment and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Woodlands with a great race this October.

The IRONMAN Texas Team

Cheers, Ray
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ironman Waco? Have they announced that? I just looked on the website and didn't see anything posted.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is the newest email that just came out......

We appreciate your patience while we have worked diligently with local officials and stakeholders to identify a new Fall race date. We are pleased to share that IRONMAN Texas will return on Oct. 9, 2021.

All registered athletes of the 2021 IRONMAN Texas triathlon will have their race registration automatically moved to the October 2021 date, but to provide flexibility for athletes, we have also made a variety of options available for registrants to select a 2021 or 2022 IRONMAN race date and location that best suits them.

Here are the race options to choose from:

1) Remain in 2021 IRONMAN Texas: October 9, 2021 (Automatic Option)
2) Free transfer to 2021 IRONMAN Indiana: October 2, 2021
3) Free transfer to 2021 IRONMAN Waco: October 23, 2021
4) Free deferral to 2022 IRONMAN Texas: April 23, 2022

Immediately following this communication, you will receive an email with a link to select your race option. If you would like to compete on October 9, 2021 no action is required at this time. For any other option you will have until Friday, April 16 at 11:59 p.m. ET to complete your selection in the provided link. Refunds will not be offered.

If you have additional questions, please contact texas@ironman.com. Our team will continue to work hard developing and refining operational plans in a manner consistent with local community objectives and within the guidelines and recommendations set by public health entities as it relates to COVID-19. Please remember to follow us on Facebook and check out the event website for race day updates.

Thank you for your commitment and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Woodlands with a great race this October.

The IRONMAN Texas Team

Waco is now a full Ironman?

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not seeing that IM Waco on the 23rd was previously listed as a race. Will this be a whole new one?

For me, I'll probably just let my registration roll over to the new October 9th date. Not sure whether I'll have the time to keep training for that one though. Work/Family will probably take priority. I hate just wasting the money and not racing, but it was a risk I knew when I signed up for the April event.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone received an update from IMTX? [Traket92x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Waco 70.3 is scheduled for Sunday the 24th. Looks like they're adding a full for the Saturday before now.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone received an update from IMTX? [Th4ddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Th4ddy wrote:
Waco 70.3 is scheduled for Sunday the 24th. Looks like they're adding a full for the Saturday before now.

That's it and most likely noon start for 70.3 on Sunday.
Quote Reply