Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone racing in the Giro Vanquish?
Quote | Reply
Not much discussion about this new helmet. I like the idea of it. Not sure how much time the average person gives up in a long distance event, especially considering that most of us don't sit rock solid still like in a wind tunnel...
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone racing in the Giro Vanquish? [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really like mine, and I am debating between that and the aero head for Oceanside sat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
Not much discussion about this new helmet. I like the idea of it. Not sure how much time the average person gives up in a long distance event, especially considering that most of us don't sit rock solid still like in a wind tunnel...

One of the aero coaches in Spain recently tested one and it was in line with the Evade but slower than the Aerohead.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really like mine. Much cooler than the 1st generation Evade and I thought that helmet cooled just fine. The visor tends to stay cleaner than glasses as well because there is a bit more space so sweat passes through without getting on the inside of the lens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm interested in this helmet as well. Considering this helmet to replace my LG Course. I don't want to go full aero/tt helmet as I have other aero inefficiencies to worry about (i.e., beer gut...) plus i'm a heavy sweater so the extra ventilation would be good. It does seem a bit hard to justify vs the aerohead though which is a bit cheaper (non-ultimate) and more aero so maybe it's a pretty niche market for this helmet.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone racing in the Giro Vanquish? [CyclingClyde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the Vanquish is overall more comfortable than the aerohead. And I question the true aero gains of the aerohead if you aren't staying perfect still in aero position for the entire 5-6 hours. Pretty sure most people, typical age groupers, spend plenty of time looking down, looking at people beside them, bobbing their head around, sitting up to stretch, etc etc etc.

I wonder if anyone has purposely studied that......like if you do a 'run' in the wind tunnel, how do the results average out for a full aero helmet if say you turn your head a few degrees, or look down, for maybe 10 seconds out of a minute, etc?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
Yeah but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the Vanquish is overall more comfortable than the aerohead. And I question the true aero gains of the aerohead if you aren't staying perfect still in aero position for the entire 5-6 hours. Pretty sure most people, typical age groupers, spend plenty of time looking down, looking at people beside them, bobbing their head around, sitting up to stretch, etc etc etc.

I wonder if anyone has purposely studied that......like if you do a 'run' in the wind tunnel, how do the results average out for a full aero helmet if say you turn your head a few degrees, or look down, for maybe 10 seconds out of a minute, etc?

That's true. I know I wouldn't be still the whole time. and helmet's seem so position dependent; it'n not like with wheels, where they reduce drag whether you're in aerobars or sitting up (assuming all other variables equal...)

I think the weight would make a good difference in comfort too over a long course bike leg. 100 grams more straining your neck.
Quote Reply