Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone purchase the Cervelo P series?
Quote | Reply
I sold my 2015 P2 and planning to buy a disc brake Tri bike so I can share wheels with my road bike. Just to keep things the same.

Anyone have feedback on the P series? Looks like stack/reach is basically the same and I liked the fit of my P2.

Feedback?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone purchase the Cervelo P series? [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought one last year and like it alot. I removed the front hydration and replaced it with the PD aeria. Also converted the downtime bottle to a flat kit and added a 2 bottle holder behind the seat. I'm riding well this year and believe I'm more Aero than I was on my other bike.(Fuji D6). I paid full retail and passed on 15% off on a new Felt. Lotsa money! (relatively)
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone purchase the Cervelo P series? [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mdtrihard wrote:
Also converted the downtime bottle to a flat kit and added a 2 bottle holder behind the seat.
What can you fit in the downtube water bottle flat kit?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone purchase the Cervelo P series? [khanlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tube, co2, 2 levers, Alan set and $5
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mdtrihard wrote:
Wow, pretty good! Do you have a picture of how you modified the bottle?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No. I had a guy at work do it. Cut on the side that fits again the frame. (about 1x4 inches)
I'm bad at that stuff and may have f'ed it up!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got one (for the wife). Excellent adjustability vs her prior Dean Custom. The only real complaint she had was the aero bottle on the downtube was difficult to take in & out while riding, so I replaced it with an XLAB Chimp cage for round bottles--she just had a bike fit adjustment yesterday & loves her new bike. Now if I can train her to remember to charge the Di2 battery or remember to check it periodically...or fill up the tires each ride/check them (doesn't quite get you can't just get on a bike & ride it--it takes a little care to have it work properly).

It's a solid bike & I think Slowman liked his quite a bit too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
khanlon wrote:
mdtrihard wrote:

im keen on doing this aswell - any chance you can take a pic of how the bottle is cut?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got one about a year ago. I replaced the front hydration with an xlab bottle that sits horizontal with a tube. The one that comes with it is cheap and "wiggly. Yesterday, on a long ride, I went over a medium bump, and one of the elbow pad holders completely broke off! Right where it attaches to the bike. Going back to the shop for that one - does not seem like that should happen on a top end bike like the p series. Other than that, I like the bike. Electric shift is awesome - I could never go back!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mdtrihard wrote:

Not big enough to hold a $20?

That bottle looks great but it’s total garbage. Cheap, hard, slippery plastic. Good idea converting to flat kit holder.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Nov 23, 20 18:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no personal experience, but my fitter loves this bike. says its one of the best overall bikes at the pricepoint (he is 100% independent, not attached to any bike shop).

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone purchase the Cervelo P series? [krafty81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
krafty81 wrote:
I replaced the front hydration with an xlab bottle that sits horizontal with a tube.

im looking to replace the front bottle too. refilling it whilst riding was a pain in the backside to lift the flap, keep it there and then queezing a bidon into it without it spilling was not an easy process. No other complaints though, solid bike and loving etap too
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone purchase the Cervelo P series? [Slickric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got mine in July. Just the 105 version but I love it.

I also changed the front end to the PD Aeria HSF hydration and also PD arm rests and extensions - much more adjustability. Lastly I got Rotor 155mm cranks.

Had a bike fit from Dave Bowden at Velogicfit - all I need now is the recommended saddle

I ride:
Cervelo - P-Series/R3
GT - Sensor Carbon Expert

Supporters - Flo Cycling, Mount Bikes
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone purchase the Cervelo P series? [Slickric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 I cut my bottle on the bottom and converted to flat kit storage, see photos below. I am able to fit five bucks, two boots, patch kit, multitool, tube, two 16oz CO2s, CO2 head, two tire levers, and a presta core tool (inside pedros tire levers). It is tight, but they all get in there. When you click the bottle in place it holds everything together. I think leaving the flap on there helps hold everything in.

Slickric wrote:
khanlon wrote:
mdtrihard wrote:

im keen on doing this aswell - any chance you can take a pic of how the bottle is cut?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My spare kit is exactly the same. I use a bubble wrap to put everything in so there is no rattling. I love this set-up.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone purchase the Cervelo P series? [BayDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BayDad wrote:
I got mine in July. Just the 105 version but I love it.

I also changed the front end to the PD Aeria HSF hydration and also PD arm rests and extensions - much more adjustability. Lastly I got Rotor 155mm cranks.

Had a bike fit from Dave Bowden at Velogicfit - all I need now is the recommended saddle

So, your version has Mech disc brakes correct? What exactly does that mean?

I am considering the 105 version in black, or older specialized transition (I really liked that bike), or a rim brake cervelo or speed concept.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
khanlon wrote:
I cut my bottle on the bottom and converted to flat kit storage, see photos below. I am able to fit five bucks, two boots, patch kit, multitool, tube, two 16oz CO2s, CO2 head, two tire levers, and a presta core tool (inside pedros tire levers). It is tight, but they all get in there. When you click the bottle in place it holds everything together. I think leaving the flap on there helps hold everything in.

Awesome thinking to cut along the bottom! The flap staying put was my main concern but this design is brilliant. I’ll bust out the knives tonight!
Quote Reply