Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone know how to get shimano part replacements?
Quote | Reply
Hi guys. At my race today the little plastic piece on my di2 bar end shifter around the button flew away. I suspect I cracked it somehow in transport, it’d been loose-ish for a while.

Looking at the parts diagram, it’s “sw-r9160 bracket cover (shimano code Y71H00009)”. Is there any place to buy this online? I’m having a bear if a time finding a place.

Thanks for the help!

Ken
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know how to get shimano part replacements? [Kwalton839] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure if they have that piece but I've used SJS Cycles for small Shimano parts before.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know how to get shimano part replacements? [Kwalton839] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you buy a new Di2 shifter, it includes the part that you lost.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Buy a new shifter.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know how to get shimano part replacements? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New shifter?!? It’s just a plastic trim ring! The button still works and everything.

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll give them an email or call tomorrow!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should be able to order it through your LBS. I needed a replacement bleed port screw that got stripped, gave the Shimano part # to my LBS, they ordered it and turns out Shimano didn't charge me.

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let us know what happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know how to get shimano part replacements? [roballey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 for SJS cycles. Loads of little parts available. Super quick and knowledgeable.

Drop them a line and see what they have.

Regards

Phil
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know how to get shimano part replacements? [Phil Hodson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cheap solution: wrap electric tape around it. Cut out the button holes. You're welcome!
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know how to get shimano part replacements? [Yeti racer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welp, I tried everything (contacting bike shops, going to my LBS and having them contact shimano, contacting shimano directly) and no one has the part. Looks like it’s electric tape until I can stomach buying a new shifter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Told ya.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's a silicone like product called Sugru that may give you a better finished look than electrical tape
Quote Reply