Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Anyone know him: Michael Montgomery?
Quote | Reply
Trying to get in touch with someone that I have lost contact with a while ago. Michael Montgomery that used to live in WA and now lives in Colorado. I believe he lives in Gleenwood Springs. If anyone can help me get in touch with him that would be awesome! Hope this is an appropriate post. Thanks.
-Mike
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know him: Michael Montgomery? [wrestlr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm friends on facebook with a MM from Aspen, CO. I sent him a link to this thread. Cheers!

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know him: Michael Montgomery? [renorider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! All help is appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know him: Michael Montgomery? [wrestlr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

http://www.bizjournals.com/...-years-in-fraud.html

You can now find him in prison. I assume its the same guy, 44, Aspen. http://athlinks.com/racer/results/48288598

The crimes “devastated the client’s heirs leaving them with little while Montgomery continued to live a high-flying lifestyle in Aspen, Colorado training to be an elite triathlete,” according to a memo from prosecutors.

Now we know how he paid for all those trips to HI, St. Croix, etc.
Last edited by: summitt: Dec 28, 12 14:11
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know him: Michael Montgomery? [summitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sounds like a triathlete. "....In fact, he is arrogant and shameless.”

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know him: Michael Montgomery? [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This the same guy who did an Epic Camp with Gordo and Molina few years back ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't see anything about restitution in the sentencing, however it is interesting he continued to race in Hawaii and St Croix right up to the day he pled guilty. It sounds like he skipped town and lived the high life until they finally hunted him down some three years later.

http://www.stocklaw.com/...y-to-Wire-Fraud.aspx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well this thread certainly took an unexpected twist.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know him: Michael Montgomery? [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe not so unexpected, perhaps the OP lost some money in the scam too and is just trying to find out where the hell this dude went. He has been silent since he posted(or perhaps she), so either something like that, or a past friend that just did not know. Either way good he got caught, hope he did not leave too big a trail of broken promises behind him. Nothing worse than preying on the elderly, hope he gets all 5 years inside..
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know him: Michael Montgomery? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Maybe not so unexpected, perhaps the OP lost some money in the scam too and is just trying to find out where the hell this dude went. He has been silent since he posted(or perhaps she), so either something like that, or a past friend that just did not know. Either way good he got caught, hope he did not leave too big a trail of broken promises behind him. Nothing worse than preying on the elderly, hope he gets all 5 years inside..

I assume no relation to you:)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know him: Michael Montgomery? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

In general, prisoners do about 85% of the time in the Federal system. Assuming they don't do something stupid while inside.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow. While training for St Croix 2012 I had picked him as the one to beat in my age group (40-44). He had won in 2011. Turns out, none of it mattered as there were a ton of even faster dudes there and my race was total crap anyway. I kinda wanted another shot at that........oh, well.

thechromedome
http://www.favoritefinishlines.blogspot.com
http://www.cupcakecartel.org
My 20% off code for 2018 FS Series races: tricred18
"there are no drafters in heaven" - C Bonner
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know him: Michael Montgomery? [erik haas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup- Did Epic Camp with him in 2007. The dude was a training monster- Won the Epic Camp Yellow Jersey by a long shot. Over the course of 10 days I think he racked up close to 100 hrs of training. Freakn' incredible. It's him alright. I remember thinking how the hell did this guy have so much jack to jet around the world on a whim to do several Epic Camps and personal camps in awesome locations? He was definitely living the high life. I was a little jealous- but not anymore!!
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know him: Michael Montgomery? [thechromedome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Think of all the time he has to train now on the tax payers dollar!

Re: Anyone know him: Michael Montgomery? [diguiseppl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
diguiseppl wrote:
Yup- Did Epic Camp with him in 2007. The dude was a training monster

He will be attending another camp pretty soon and he will be training with Bubba, who I hear is a real monster has well. Bubba likes chamois cream and ripped little tri geeks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
More details courtesy of the State of Washington Securities Department. A pretty good detailed regulatory order.

http://dfi.wa.gov/...s-08-129-09-fo01.pdf

Its turns into something like the Dumb and Dumber movie scene when he starts writing promissory notes to pay back the amounts.

Also, Stanford University? No.

What I can't fathom is how someone can train and do all of those races mentally, knowing what's surely is coming his way for 3-4 years.
Last edited by: mistergomez: Dec 31, 12 17:02
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know him: Michael Montgomery? [mistergomez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mistergomez wrote:

What I can't fathom is how someone can train and do all of those races mentally, knowing what's surely is coming his way for 3-4 years.

I have put several people like him in prison for fraud. They are soulless individuals who really only care about themselves.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, he was still posting on facebook a week before that.

http://www.facebook.com/mikedm

------------------------------
The first time man split the atom was when the atom tried to hold Jens Voigt's wheel, but cracked.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
diguiseppl wrote:
Yup- Did Epic Camp with him in 2007. The dude was a training monster- Won the Epic Camp Yellow Jersey by a long shot. Over the course of 10 days I think he racked up close to 100 hrs of training......

He won a Yellow Jersey of some sort you say? ...and he was somehow able to train and recover and train some more?

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If there is a God I will have to explain myself, when I die, for loving threads like this so much.

Forgive me but I love train wrecks

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know him: Michael Montgomery? [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This guy did what we all think about doing in our darker moments. Seriously, just a small part of us wants to say, I only care about myself, screw the rest of you. We also like whenthe bad guy gets caught.

I think that this might be an exception to Slowman's rule of unfounded accusations: It would be inconsistent with his personality if he was not using PED's. So the sentiment, "the guy was a crook but man did he work his ass off," should be viewed with a tainted lense.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Epic Camp used a point system for training volume and milestones within the training volume. It was crazy stuff for a MOP like me, but I can honestly say I loved it despite getting my ass kicked all over the south island of NZ. I don't want to redirect this thread so back to Michael- seemed like he had a lot to prove, and the Yellow Jersey was the top honor at Epic Camp. A combination of the most volume and the highest finishes in camp events (sprint tris, aquathons, swim races, etc.) had him secured in the top stop by the first week. He was a hard guy to get to know outside of training and maybe in light of his current predicament I can completely understand why.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know him: Michael Montgomery? [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
I think that this might be an exception to Slowman's rule of unfounded accusations: It would be inconsistent with his personality if he was not using PED's. So the sentiment, "the guy was a crook but man did he work his ass off," should be viewed with a tainted lense.

He better be on the juice!

Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know him: Michael Montgomery? [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

From Gordo's last blog entry he said " I'm bothered by a persistent lack of ethics in peers, sport and finance." I wonder if he was thinking of Mr. Montgomery (even a little bit) when he wrote that.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lou,

Following that camp there were numerous rumors and third party witnesses that not all of his "tack on" miles and points were legitimate. One aspiring pro suffered long term injury trying to fight him honestly for the points competition. Funny how this parallels that "other" yellow jersey story of 2012.

Albert
Quote Reply

Prev Next