Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone join USAT lately?
Quote | Reply
Last year if you signed up early with USAT you received a United voucher as well as the $25 Sports Basement certificate.

Anyone join after January 1st? If so what was included in the package?

Willy in Pacifica

Willy in Pacifica
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone join USAT lately? [Willy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe United dropped the bike voucher very early in 2003 (back when they were playing with Chapter 11???) In any case, go to http://www.usatriathlon.org/...bership_benefits.htm to get the latest info on benefits for an annual membership.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone join USAT lately? [Peanut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Peanut.

Last year they gave the United Voucher and the Sports Basement $25 gift certificate which I could use to buy some Cytomax for only a few bucks more. Looks like this year the $25 certificate is only good if you spend at least $75.

So the annual beneifts are a lot less, really nothing, compared to last year. Last year I joined mainly to get the voucher. I still would have joined this year for $30 to get the $25 Sports Basement certificate since I live near their stores. But if I am doing 2-3 USAT races this year why bother becoming a member? Why not just pay the daily $9 rate.

Don't they have $2,000,000 set aside for a rainy day? How about a few bene's for the members instead of taking them all away, or lower the $30 annual membership.

Willy in Pacifica

Willy in Pacifica
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got a voucher in the mail from Tri-Zone a couple weeks ago. They offered 20% discount for USAT members---all you had to do was include your ID # with your order. OK, so I placed an order for some tires online, had a spot for my ID#, placed order, but guess what---when the invoice printed out there was no discount added. They even charged me shipping! What gives? What good is a benefit if no one benefits?

RunFAR Racing Services
http://www.Run-far.com
Team Cambridge
Hilltop Bicycle Repair
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone join USAT lately? [Peanut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
USA Cycling is still giving two United bike vouchers when you buy an annual license. The Chapter 11 had/has nothing to do with it.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone join USAT lately? [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I rejoined b/c at $9 a race I'm going to come out way behind. I think it is cheaper than my USA cycling license.
The other reason I rejoined is to vote. To vote for those candidates that have ethics, are for the AG athlete and are against the current voting practices.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I re-upped last month and got cheated! I got an expired Sportsbasement coupon (expired 12/03) and a couple Bikes fly free coupons...

Isn't there someone that checks to see if they are sending out the right packet?

Andy
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone join USAT lately? [runningmanrick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I got a voucher in the mail from Tri-Zone a couple weeks ago. They offered 20% discount for USAT members---all you had to do was include your ID # with your order. OK, so I placed an order for some tires online, had a spot for my ID#, placed order, but guess what---when the invoice printed out there was no discount added. They even charged me shipping! What gives? What good is a benefit if no one benefits?

It sounds like a processing error of some sort - on the discount anyway. Call Tri Zone and speak to Jeff or Gayla. Or email them. I think jeff@tri-zone.com will work. Be nice. They're good folks and will make it right.

Larry
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got the Tri-Zone discount as well. Bought a set of Hed Bars online at 20% off and free shipping. Always had food luck with Tri-Zone. I'm sure a phone call will get you talen care of.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone join USAT lately? [dennisr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since this transaction is already complete, it seems like they really couldn't do anything for me anyway ya think? BTW, i bought 4 tufo clincher tubulars=$160. No big deal.

RunFAR Racing Services
http://www.Run-far.com
Team Cambridge
Hilltop Bicycle Repair
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
call anyway and speak to Jeff. He will at least give you store credit. I've had them call while I was at work to tell me that I had a store credit and did I want to use it on my purchase. I've had good experiences with them too. Very helpful.

Olen
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone join USAT lately? [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cathy is correct. I am planning to do some bike racing this year so I just called USAC and they verified that they are giving two United Vouchers. The annual license is $50 but that beats paying $150 to fly your bike.

So why isn't USAT giving United vouchers if USAC can?

Again I ask, what are you getting for your USAT membership? It is the same $30 this year but you no longer get the United vouchers and you now have to buy $75 of stuff at Sports Basement to take advantage of the $25 SB coupon.

Cathy, are you racing bikes this year? And yes that is me who says hello occasionally in the early AM while you are out on your morning runs. I ride into work from Pacifica most every morning.

Willy in Pacifica

Willy in Pacifica
Quote Reply