Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone heard news about the Dura Ace 10 spd?
Quote | Reply
Saw an announcement on LanceArmstrong.com that Shimano is releasing a 10 speed Dura Ace line. Anyone heard when?
Quote Reply
news about the Dura Ace 10 spd? [chris in MD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't expect to see anything until Tour Time (July). The new group requires OEM facing of both sides of the BB shell to a specific width, something shimano hasn't required since the old cup and cone BB's, my guess is that is a requisite of the 2 piece type BB and crankset a la '03 XTR. The shifter will operate in the same fashion, just add a click. If you look at some of your cassettes now, you may notice a removable "spacer" on the backside of the alloy carrier, if you remove that it allows the cassette to slide further onto the hub's freehub body, enough room on the freehub body for an additional cog. Not all cassettes currently have this additional machining I bet they all will soon. I don't have any info on the chain, spacing, or chainring configuration. I'd be interested to see if they offer a 12-23.

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone heard news about the Dura Ace 10 spd? [chris in MD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you want a better 10 sp go with Campy. They've had theirs on the market for two years.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone heard news about the Dura Ace 10 spd? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i like campy as much as the next guy, but there is little reason to believe that existing record/chorus is going to be "better" than the next gen DA. say what you will about shimano, but they are driven to improve, and everytime they redo their flagship line they pretty much reset the bar. it is gonna be bad-a$$, you can be sure.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone heard news about the Dura Ace 10 spd? [t-t-n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's just the roadie snob in me coming through. Guess it's just a bit cooler to think that you have parts hand made in Italy by a company that makes components for Ferrari and NASA compared to being machined stamped in Taiwan by a company that makes fishing gear. Bottom line is that either will get the job done just as well as the other. Actually, both my bikes are equipped with Shimano, but if given a choice, I would probably go with Campy.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone heard news about the Dura Ace 10 spd? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You want rodie snob? I am the ultime roadie snob!!!! Baaa Haaa Haaaaa

I would not even consider for a second lowering my self to ride...ShimaNO. Come one...Campy has all the class. Heck, only Shimano would "Improve" the Bottom Bracket by creating more drag and rotational effort.....

Let the flames begin!

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Last edited by: Record9ti: Feb 23, 03 20:26
Quote Reply