Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone had any luck getting an IM deferral recently?
Quote | Reply
I have been requesting a deferral out of IMMD since April of this year, under the "ahtletes who registered before Jan. 10 can defer for any reason before Aug. 4" policy on the website. The first response I got was "we're still planning to run the race, you can't defer." So I responded with the wording from the website and pointed out that the policy says I can, indeed, defer. I got back "Oh yes, I see - confirm you want to defer and I'll send you a link." And then.... nothing. I have received nothing from anyone since. I've now emailed 6 times. I wasn't registered for 2020, so it's not like I was "defered" out of the race that didn't happen.

I'm not wholly convinced that if they haven't been able to make it happen in the prior 3 months, they're going to make it happen in the next 3 weeks. Any suggestions on alternate avenues of communication?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone had any luck getting an IM deferral recently? [UK2ME] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No personal experience but there was a thread here recently where Dan was acting as an intermediary with WTC and getting things done for STers. Sorry, can’t recall the thread title but maybe reach out to him?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone had any luck getting an IM deferral recently? [UK2ME] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got out of IMMT before they canceled it and went with IMTX instead which ended up not being a possibility from options they gave.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I deferred 70.3 Worlds St George last week no problem whatsoever. I was only given the option of deferring to Lahti 23 but I’m not complaining.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
UK2ME wrote:
I have been requesting a deferral out of IMMD since April of this year, under the "ahtletes who registered before Jan. 10 can defer for any reason before Aug. 4" policy on the website. The first response I got was "we're still planning to run the race, you can't defer." So I responded with the wording from the website and pointed out that the policy says I can, indeed, defer. I got back "Oh yes, I see - confirm you want to defer and I'll send you a link." And then.... nothing. I have received nothing from anyone since. I've now emailed 6 times. I wasn't registered for 2020, so it's not like I was "defered" out of the race that didn't happen.

I'm not wholly convinced that if they haven't been able to make it happen in the prior 3 months, they're going to make it happen in the next 3 weeks. Any suggestions on alternate avenues of communication?

The IMMD Race Director posted to the IMMD Facebook page that the people at IM that handle deferrals are only processing them for races that are within 60 days. They are too short staffed to handle it all at once. So I would expect to see deferrals start to go through for IMMD in the next week or so when we hit that 60-day-out mark
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone had any luck getting an IM deferral recently? [g_lev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was my post she responded to so I did see it, thank you. I guess I'll just have to wait and see... Angie is pretty great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I deferred my 2020 IMFL entry to 2021 IMFL. With our pools in Ontario having been closed for 18 months, and the border with the US also closed, I emailed this morning to ask about another deferral. On the bright side I received a very fast response, but I suppose it is easy to make a quick response when the answer is no. No deferral to 2022 and no partial refund. They did offer a $50 transfer to a different 2021 Ironman or 70.3, and if the pools open I might get enough swimming in to do a 70.3 like Muncie in October, but I have my doubts about the US border opening given US vaccination rates and the Covid spike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Similar situation with IMMD deferral (into 2022) due to pop-up military deployment. Pushed initial email to them in March, they asked for copy of orders. Sent in redacted information and crickets since then. Have sent two more emails between early April and late June asking about status, no response. Emailed them again yesterday asking about status. Just the the auto-acknowledge back from IMMD. Still waiting.

Cheers
Collin
Last edited by: ATIS: Jul 13, 21 3:13
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone had any luck getting an IM deferral recently? [ONDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had pretty good success deferring my Musselman entry from this year to 2022. It took 2 e-mails but because I'm Canadian and borders are closed and pools are closed I was offered no problems.
I'm signed up for 70.3 Memphis in early October so we will see how that one goes.
It seems like every race is different when it comes to people asking for deferrals. I feel like they take 5-10 employees and say ok, you're taking care of 70.3 Musselman e-mails, and these 5-10 employees are taking care of 70.3 Muncie e-mails. And depending on their mood or initiative, that's the response you get. It seems so all over the map that it makes sense.
Good luck to all, but I would be e-mailing and calling everyday. I know it's tiresome but only way to get through.
Good luck.

Cheers!

Quinner
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just deferred from Wisconsin 2021 to Texas 2021. I signed up for Wisconsin late last year and then recently needed to change some plans and had to switch dates to be able to race. I emailed the wisconsin@ ironman email address, got an immediate "ticket opened" email, then soon after an email from Peyton with the criteria and asking to confirm. I eventually got a confirmation and registration link to make the switch.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone had any luck getting an IM deferral recently? [ONDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ONDave wrote:
I deferred my 2020 IMFL entry to 2021 IMFL. With our pools in Ontario having been closed for 18 months, and the border with the US also closed, I emailed this morning to ask about another deferral. On the bright side I received a very fast response, but I suppose it is easy to make a quick response when the answer is no. No deferral to 2022 and no partial refund. They did offer a $50 transfer to a different 2021 Ironman or 70.3, and if the pools open I might get enough swimming in to do a 70.3 like Muncie in October, but I have my doubts about the US border opening given US vaccination rates and the Covid spike.

I've been meaning to ask the same question for Florida but I guess it doesn't sound promising. I wasn't expecting anything really but maybe I'll try anyway

Me: https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...ever-comes-next.html

Latest: Colorectal Cancer is in the News Again. Don't Blame Red Meat
https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...news-again-dont.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any luck with your IMMD deferral?

I also requested to defer my Maryland registration and I haven't gotten anything other than the automated "A ticket has been opened for your request" response. I've followed up twice since then but no response from anyone.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone had any luck getting an IM deferral recently? [Northy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alas, still nothing.

I emailed again yesterday (and shared my email in the Facebook group, if you're there) with my registration code and all of the ticket numbers I have with their date of opening, and a request for confirmation that deferrals requested before the August 4 deadline would be honored even if they were not processed by that time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After a few more follow ups I got a reply today with a link for me to defer my registration to the 2022 IMMD. Hope your deferral request has been processed too!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of my athletes deferred out of IM CHOO this year just yesterday. Her email the day before was you can't defer. Then she received an email the next day that said after looking at our policies we've changed them so you can defer.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Anyone had any luck getting an IM deferral recently? [ATIS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FYSA: IMMD deferment email hit my inbox yesterday, so they are processing paperwork.

See ya in ‘22

Cheers
Collin
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone had any luck getting an IM deferral recently? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
One of my athletes deferred out of IM CHOO this year just yesterday. Her email the day before was you can't defer. Then she received an email the next day that said after looking at our policies we've changed them so you can defer.

I requested a deferral from Chattanooga 2021 to Chattanooga 2022 last weekend. Got a response with an Active link yesterday and the deferral is complete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to imagine part of the problem (outside of being understaffed) getting through all the email requests to make sure to reply to those wanting to defer is the fact that some people are contacting them dozens of times thinking it will get them a faster response.

Cheers, Ray
Quote Reply