Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone else having issues with KMC missing links recently? Counterfeits?
Quote | Reply
I've usually used SRAM or a Sunrace on a Shimano chain. Both for my 11spd and 10spd bikes. Obviously buying the right part for each.

I went with a KMC this time for my 10spd, totally didn't work. Super super super loose. Loose to point it doesn't connect at all if you assemble it by hand on the chain, or off of the chain.

Took them to the LBS. They tried them on their chains of all types, same loose issue. They were concerned. They took out their own KMC missing link supply, same issue.

I got mine from Amazon. They didn't recall the supplier they used that time.

I've emailed KMC the info and offered to ship them what I have.

Anyone else having issues? LBS and myself both got counterfeit product by chance?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else having issues with KMC missing links recently? Counterfeits? [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Search for this same subject matter on roadbikereview. There was a thread about this and on how to spot counterfeit KMC quick links I recall seeing. Or maybe it was paceline (I forget exactly).

I haven't personally used the KMC stuff for 11 speed yet as I'm currently running an SRAM Red chain on 1 bike and a Wipperman on another. Also have spare quick links for both too. My experience with 10 speed KMC was good but just wanted to try something else as to why I'm running the other brand chains.
Quote Reply