Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone else having issues using a Wahoo Element Bolt with an SRM powermeter?
Quote | Reply
Is anyone else having an issue with using a Wahoo Element Bolt with an SRM powermeter?

I have used this combo for over 2 years- But this weekend I started getting wonky power readings.
I know it is not the powermeter as I was on different powermeters on different days. Both powermeters are fairly new.

Sometimes it even shows negative power numbers-
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else having issues using a Wahoo Element Bolt with an SRM powermeter? [bootsie_cat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reports around the place saying similar after the latest public firmware 2659. There were notes in the beta of 2659 saying something was fixed for SRM... I don't know the detail. Ping Wahoo Support. They'll likely roll a fix into the next firmware, or point you towards the beta group.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else having issues using a Wahoo Element Bolt with an SRM powermeter? [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine went bonkers Sunday, reliable SRM and a Bolt. I had not ridden that meter outside in a couple weeks but have not had issues with the combination. 2 hrs of Endurance/Tempo, a lot of zero or no power or really weird low numbers displayed. Stopped a couple times to re-zero & check the magnet.

The post ride summary on the Bolt was pretty cool, NP 36007 with a Max of 65534 (88 hp, yea!) and a bazillion KJ of work. Lucky to be alive today. Odd thing is in WKO4 the raw data showed no spikes and while there was a lot of missing or no power (30+ min in the 0-25W bucket) NP was 155 and peak 593.
Last edited by: voodoo76: Apr 23, 19 17:57
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else having issues using a Wahoo Element Bolt with an SRM powermeter? [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine has 2659- That is what made it go wonky.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else having issues using a Wahoo Element Bolt with an SRM powermeter? [bootsie_cat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bootsie_cat wrote:
Mine has 2659- That is what made it go wonky.

Mine was showing WB09-2659 (if I read it right). That isn't listed on the Bolt firmware update page and I don't recall doing an update recently. I updated to WB15-2659, will see how that works tomorrow. Almost pulled the SRM off my bike to send in Monday till I started reading about the update.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm having issues as well. Mine is reading in the negative numbers. Seem to resolve itself if I stop pedaling and then starts again when I stop and start. I know of one other person locally with the same problem. He opened a case with Wahoo and I did as well. I haven't heard anything from them in a couple days though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New firmware update seems to have bugged up readings from my Pioneer as well. Sounds like they're getting enough complaints that they'll sort this our pretty quickly.

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else having issues using a Wahoo Element Bolt with an SRM powermeter? [fredly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just received this update to my open support ticket:

We have raised a ticket with our developers on this issue and they are actively working on a fix. This compatibility is currently a top priority for us, and we are aiming to release a further update to amend the issue within the next few weeks.

Since we have an open ticket with our development team, all customer service tickets related to the issue (including this one) will be marked as “On-Hold” and merged with the developer ticket to be monitored internally.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else having issues using a Wahoo Element Bolt with an SRM powermeter? [ttusomeone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got exactly the same response. Sounds like we are not alone, not the best time of year to muck up everyones data. Yea you can resume training in a couple weeks or so. If Wahoo is going to make us all Beta testers shouldn't they provide a way to roll back firmware?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wahoo released an update this morning. I installed it and the SRM read perfectly on this evening's ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Incompetent developers can suck donkey's fart. They really need to do a comprehensive test on each firmware update before releasing it to the public!
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else having issues using a Wahoo Element Bolt with an SRM powermeter? [RichardL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm OK with them having an issue and fixing it & will check mine out Sunday. The only issue I have with Wahoo is that even with an open ticket I didn't receive any notice of the firmware update. I read about it here.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else having issues using a Wahoo Element Bolt with an SRM powermeter? [voodoo76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you know if they tied your ticket to the master ticket about the issue? That’s how I got the email about the update.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else having issues using a Wahoo Element Bolt with an SRM powermeter? [voodoo76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not OK for them to release a buggy firmware update several days before someone's A race, however.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else having issues using a Wahoo Element Bolt with an SRM powermeter? [RichardL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you send them your race schedule? If you didn’t then that’s the problem. They should have known better /pink
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I put the update through on May 2nd, everything seemed good.
But on today's ride- My Wahoo started acting up again. Not negative power numbers- but really low numbers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If they would simply allow rolling back firmware this wouldn’t be an issue. Let me ride without issues till they get it resolved. Don’t get why that should be so hard to do.
Last edited by: voodoo76: May 4, 19 14:20
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else having issues using a Wahoo Element Bolt with an SRM powermeter? [ttusomeone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bootsie_cat wrote:
I put the update through on May 2nd, everything seemed good.
But on today's ride- My Wahoo started acting up again. Not negative power numbers- but really low numbers.

Similar. When I would stop for any length of time, like a light, then start back up the power would be very low for the effort (like 100W low) then later suddenly correct. Makes me wonder if Wahoo is fiddling with Auto-zero or something like that. Time for another ticket I guess.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I noticed the same thing on Sunday. Not negative but still reading noticeably low.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Noticed another firmware update this morning. This makes sense given what I was seeing. Will check it out Saturday. Didn't know they were using Auto-cal? Can I shut it off?
  • FIXED: Auto-calibration incorrectly appearing for select power meters when coasting

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't realize it either - but it makes sense now why coasting for a few seconds would fix the issue. I too would like to know if it can be turned off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Todays update seems to have solved the SRM/Wahoo issue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's great news! I did the update today, but didn't ride the bike with the SRM today.
Quote Reply