Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone buy a new groupset lately and if so is there a US based store you recommend?
Quote | Reply
I'm looking at replacing my entire groupset on the road bike (Felt Z5). Most if not all of the available groupsets are on Ebay. I'm worried about ordering from overseas but a couple of vendors have US based warehouses. This one seems pretty reasonable for price but would really like a vendor with an actual US based store and phone # I can call. I've looked everywhere for a new 105 groupset but Ebay seems to be the only place to go, at least from my internet searches.

Thanks!

Tom

Last edited by: CDA70.32021: Feb 1, 23 16:06
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone buy a new groupset lately and if so is there a US based store you recommend? [CDA70.32021] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone buy a new groupset lately and if so is there a US based store you recommend? [CDA70.32021] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Merlin Cycles in the UK.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone buy a new groupset lately and if so is there a US based store you recommend? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
Merlin Cycles in the UK.

Not at all recent, but I bought a 10-spd SRAM Red group from them around 10 years ago. Over the years have bought a few smaller items from them as well.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Buy onEbay with PayPal and you should have nothing to worry about. PayPal has always taken care of any problems I have had
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone buy a new groupset lately and if so is there a US based store you recommend? [Jere B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jere B wrote:
https://www.eurobikeparts.com/
+1 used them a year ago and my research at the time showed them to be goof

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone buy a new groupset lately and if so is there a US based store you recommend? [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Three groups
Gravel
Road
Tri
They’re very knowledgeable, and they had parts when nobody else did, and they let you customize.
Last edited by: Jere B: Feb 2, 23 3:24
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone buy a new groupset lately and if so is there a US based store you recommend? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
Merlin Cycles in the UK.

I buy from them frequently.

Order on Sunday or Monday
Get the order by Thursday or Friday.

I'm in the Midwest USA
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone buy a new groupset lately and if so is there a US based store you recommend? [Jere B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's where I usually look for a group. They're good about responding and I've been happy with them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Super! Thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I absolutely love biketiresdirect.com, great rewards program, quick shipping and plenty of inventory.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a Ultegra R8000 groupset (minus brakes) from Eurobikeparts yesterday. I found that the base price was not much cheaper than buying the individual parts off ebay. However, there is currently 15% off, which made it significantly cheaper.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm so tired for the forced upgrade path that Shimano puts you through, and is only going to get worse with electronic 105.

For my road bike which I want to keep as easy as possible to self-maintain (not my TT bike though, that's for racing speed!) I'm going to go Microshift in the future if I have to swap out drivetrain parts, just to avoid this.
Quote Reply