Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone bought a Dengfu disc road frames?
Quote | Reply
I’ve had 3 Dengfu frames (most recently FM098 and r01) and loved them all.

Wrecked this weekend (partly) due to crappy carbon braking and will be upgrading to disc ASAP

Anyone have experience / feedback on the Dengfu disc bikes? I’m thinking of going back to an aero frame - maybe R06 or R12

Any experience ?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone bought a Dengfu disc road frames? [mvenneta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd check out the new Yoleo aero disc frame if you're in the market. Looks really solid in my opinion aside from some kind of boring paint jobs.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone bought a Dengfu disc road frames? [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Out of curiosity, why recommend so highly?

Price is $300 more than the last Dengfu I bought ... and mine was painted whatever color I wanted :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These bikes look very interesting, did you buy just the frame on Alibaba?

Any experience with the Sensah Empire groupset they mention on their website? The price is compelling if its as good as they say (shimano 105+)
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone bought a Dengfu disc road frames? [rideupgrades] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I buy from Dengfu directly

I won’t buy their gruppo, I will buy a SRAM Force.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dengfu bikes are fine. Got a few mates with them. But they're expensive and resale is shit. People don't want to touch a 2nd hand Chinese branded bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone bought a Dengfu disc road frames? [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$700 for a custom painted frame, fork, seatpost and stem. How is that expensive?

Even throwing it out after 2 years. it’s still “cheaper” than buying a new bike and reselling it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mvenneta wrote:
$700 for a custom painted frame, fork, seatpost and stem. How is that expensive?

Even throwing it out after 2 years. it’s still “cheaper” than buying a new bike and reselling it

You add handlebars, wheels, tyres, pedals, saddle and groupset, that takes the total up to what you would get for a new bike. In Australia you can pick up a brand new 2017 Cervelo P2 with Di2 for US $2000. How much would it cost to build a Dengfu to a similar spec? Also you can't discount the 2nd hand market. So many bargains out there. And that's why Chinese wheels and frames have never taken off in Australia cost. It's not just new they are competing against, the 2nd hand market is huge.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have their tri bike. Looks sweet, and I like it....but honestly I don’t trust it. I built it up, and it’s nice....but...

Though I have ridden it pretty hard and I have no complaints. And because of that I’m going to pick up a road frame from them. Nice, simple, cheap, plus I like the process of building them up. Just ordered some carbon rims (F’d up as I wanted the aluminum brake track, but ordered the carbon/basalt ones). Will see how these ride for training wheels and tooling around.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone bought a Dengfu disc road frames? [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
By chance did your TT (or road?) have disc brakes?

I’m pretty set on the r12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mvenneta wrote:
By chance did your TT (or road?) have disc brakes?

I’m pretty set on the r12
No to the tri, and I’ll avoid it on the road frame because I want the ability to swap tires rims as well.

You’ll have to let me know how you like that frame if you order one.
Quote Reply