Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Anyone Else Dropping Weight?
Quote | Reply
I'm within 5 pounds of race weight. My weight has bounced all over the place over the past 12 months. I've been as much as 17lbs over race weight at times. I guess it's why they call it the Covid19...

Over the past few weeks I've been shedding weight with ease. I've been helping my girlfriend train for an early season IM and also have been more disciplined with my diet.

Has anyone else seen similar results recently? I wonder if some of it has to do with moving into spring and seasonal changes in body composition? As well, I do wonder if people are feeling more at ease with an imminent end to the pandemic in sight possibly causing a return to normal life to include stressors and hormone levels.

I was just wondering if anyone else is seeing similar results?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Else Dropping Weight? [Raw Vegan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
with a name like "raw vegan" im curious how youre being more strict with your diet? this is coming from someone that is 95% vegan (a little dairy here and there in deserts). i dont eat as strict as i would like ideally, i do eat my portion of vegan junk food.

i personally would like to drop around 3 or 4 lb of fat and get back down below 10% body fat and i think as i start ramping up for a late season IM this summer its going to naturally fall off with the training load.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very strange thread

But actually have to answer yes lol

I have been wondering why as my training has been cut back dramatically the last 6 weeks and yet actually getting leaner
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I chubbed up a lot from my 2019 prime after a broken foot and then Covid. I am on an aggressive quest to lose about 25 lbs. by May to regain top racing form. Start was slow, but momentum really hit a couple weeks ago. I am on the bubble.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Else Dropping Weight? [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MrTri123 wrote:
Very strange thread

But actually have to answer yes lol

I have been wondering why as my training has been cut back dramatically the last 6 weeks and yet actually getting leaner

Strange and anecdotally accurate for me too. Not a lot of weight but noticeable.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Else Dropping Weight? [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
I chubbed up a lot from my 2019 prime after a broken foot and then Covid. I am on an aggressive quest to lose about 25 lbs. by May to regain top racing form. Start was slow, but momentum really hit a couple weeks ago. I am on the bubble.

Damn. I have 5 pounds to go to my race weight, and I thought that was insurmountable.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm racing in about 2 1/2 weeks and expect I'll weigh about what I weigh now, so I guess I'm already at a race weight.

Have been between 158-164 for as long as I can remember. (except post long hard hot ride or hot race when I'm in the low 150's for a few hours.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been more mindful but not great. Down 15 pounds from my covid high and 12 since 1/1. 9 more to go to "race weight"
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Else Dropping Weight? [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cloy wrote:
Damn. I have 5 pounds to go to my race weight, and I thought that was insurmountable.
I only have 10 left to go now and the established diet discipline to get there. Good thing, too. Because Gulf Coast is a terrible race to be a heavy runner— the asphalt heat is a melt fest.
Last edited by: exxxviii: Mar 16, 21 17:15
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Else Dropping Weight? [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
is 2 pounds considered dropping?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No scale in the house so I don't know if I've lost weight. We have a newborn and have been eating our way out of all the dessert we got. I switched to salads for lunch and cut the snacks while working, but I may be more than making up for it after dinner.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Else Dropping Weight? [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For the most part I eat very clean. I did get carried away with Pop Tarts this winter and allergen free chocolate chips. Plus my GF is vegan too and a great cook. As my vegan friend once said, it's nice being a vegan because you can eat more. True, but there is a fine line. By no means am I a trashy vegan. I stay away from total trash vegan foods and processed plant based meat substitutes.

My weight got up to 162lbs this winter. I'm sitting at 150lbs at the moment hoping to get to 145lbs, so the margins get thinner even with a relatively clean diet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes I dropped weight but it was because I was too weak to pick it up. :-) Damn barbells...the remote is as heavy as I'll pick up right now....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Raw Vegan wrote:
For the most part I eat very clean. I did get carried away with Pop Tarts this winter and allergen free chocolate chips. Plus my GF is vegan too and a great cook. As my vegan friend once said, it's nice being a vegan because you can eat more. True, but there is a fine line. By no means am I a trashy vegan. I stay away from total trash vegan foods and processed plant based meat substitutes.

My weight got up to 162lbs this winter. I'm sitting at 150lbs at the moment hoping to get to 145lbs, so the margins get thinner even with a relatively clean diet.

the plain strawberry pop tarts are the friggen bomb.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Raw Vegan wrote:

How are pop tarts raw vegan?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probably the same as Oreos. There’s nothing real in them for them to break rules! Man thinking of pop tarts makes me miss them. I haven’t had one in months!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cloy wrote:
Raw Vegan wrote:

How are pop tarts raw vegan?

Only if you eat them untoasted.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Else Dropping Weight? [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, they’re vegan, but not “raw” vegan. They’re processed. IIRC, raw vegan is literally no cooked food. Only raw foods.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ahh I guess I wasn’t paying attention to that part. Well then no clue!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cloy wrote:
Well, they’re vegan, but not “raw” vegan. They’re processed. IIRC, raw vegan is literally no cooked food. Only raw foods.

Only some flavours are vegan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hard no.

Just getting back to it after a severely fuvked up ankle, 11 werks off.

I hate getting older...
Last edited by: jkstevens: Mar 16, 21 20:22
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Else Dropping Weight? [jkstevens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkstevens wrote:
Hard no.

Just getting back to it after a severely fuvked up ankle, 11 werks off.

I hate getting older...

Same here, except no ankle excuse......just shit diet and not enough biking. Ugghh....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same.... I am 10 week out from 1st race and need to drop about 10 pounds to get to race weight. I started tightening up my diet about 2 weeks ago and dropped 5 pounds pretty quickly. I'm trying to slow it to about a pound a week. Just cut out some of the extra treats I've been having and weight shedding quickly so far. I imagine the closer I get to race weight the harder it will be.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Else Dropping Weight? [GoJohnnyGo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any advice on dropping down to "race weight" early in season vs. gradual loss? My A-race is not for another 5 months or so and wondering if it is better to lose the last 10-15 pounds now before training ramps up or to do so gradually so I am not in a bigger cal deficit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The scale this morning said "140.6"

Which could be a whole new definition of "Race Weight"

Carry on

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply

Prev Next