Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anybody know much about Seoul (KOR) or Narita (JPN) and triathlon?
Quote | Reply
I spend a fair amount of time in both these places due to my job and have decent places to train at both. But does anybody know of any decent tri clubs or "triathlon contacts" in either spot? Does either country host any mountain bike/off road triathlons? (I went to the X-terra site, and they don't list any races in JPN or KOR, as far as I could tell.) Thanks.

Where would you want to swim ?
Last edited by: Greg/ORD: Sep 6, 03 15:33
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody know much about Seoul (KOR) or Narita (JPN) and triathlon? [Greg/ORD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]But does anybody know of any decent tri clubs or "triathlon contacts" in either spot? [/reply]

Hi Greg,
There are plenty of triathlons in Japan - unfortunately all the information is in nihon-go and nothing that I have found has been in English.

If you can read Japanese I can send you a few web links. I decided not to do any triathlons over here since I don't understand the language well enough and decided to concentrate more on running.

You could also contact Mark Sharkey - he writes a column at xtri.com. He lived in Japan for a while and did a few races.

Cheers,
dt. (in Tokyo)
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody know much about Seoul (KOR) or Narita (JPN) and triathlon? [Greg/ORD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I suggest you post over on coolrunning.com on the Multisport forum. There's a few people who post there who live in Japan. One of the women did Ironman Japan this year as well as a number of other races. I'm sure she'll be able to fill you in on training and race details.

Dawn
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I lived there for 2 years and did triathlons while I was there. If you have any questions about clubs I can put you in contact with one called Inage (where the best of the japanese athletes train) it's just outside tokyo in Chiba.

sean
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody know much about Seoul (KOR) or Narita (JPN) and triathlon? [canwi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the posts and leads--I will start with those. So how do I contact someone with the 'Inage' tri club? Unfortunately, I don't speak much Japanese, so contacting someone that knows at least a little English would be helpful.

Thanks.

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply