Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anybody know how to show average speed and average watts in Zwift?
Quote | Reply
Or do I have to use my bike computer at the same time and look at that instead? It would be great to show those averages and lap averages too. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody know how to show average speed and average watts in Zwift? [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sadly, there's no way to do this yet. I run my Garmin 520 alongside to see my desired fields. Pretty dumb to have to do that.

Maybe Rapp will see this and put in a good word to get us a customizable HUD?
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody know how to show average speed and average watts in Zwift? [TriowaCPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another thing I would like to know if is available is the possibility to press a lap button. Do you know if it is possible?
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody know how to show average speed and average watts in Zwift? [TriowaCPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriowaCPA wrote:
Sadly, there's no way to do this yet. I run my Garmin 520 alongside to see my desired fields. Pretty dumb to have to do that.

Maybe Rapp will see this and put in a good word to get us a customizable HUD?

Yeah, that would be rad. For example (Jordan), I want to know my average NP watts after I've warmed up, and then monitor average watts for chunks of time after that, just like we'd do in Ironmans. Totals and averages for speeds and watts overall and for laps would be perfect. And I don't want to be told to build a workout to do it, I want to just ride and do it on the fly and adjust myself based on how I'm feeling.

Theoretically, it's just displaying math and hardly any "gameplay" or world graphics, so it should be kind of an easy add in? Compared to building a new road section, at least.

Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody know how to show average speed and average watts in Zwift? [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah, you've just made me realize why friends on my strava feed who use zwift always have separate workouts for warmups.

Yes please Jordan fix this for my strava feed's sake ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody know how to show average speed and average watts in Zwift? [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sorry Sean
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lol, one person would be fine but tons of people are zwifting now and it becomes a bit overwhelming
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody know how to show average speed and average watts in Zwift? [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've started discarding my cooldowns after races to cut down on files. Also, I hate that Strava on mobile doesn't show power as a line graph like HR, and it doesn't show "lap" data (just segments).

All I want is to be able to warmup for a Zwift race, RACE, then cooldown. All within one workout, and to be able to show those laps' data on Strava so the power from the race is visible and separate from the warmup/cooldown. Really doesn't seem all that hard to me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cant you just do this with you head unit.. Garmin/Wahoo whatever...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Ah, you've just made me realize why friends on my strava feed who use zwift always have separate workouts for warmups.

Yes please Jordan fix this for my strava feed's sake ;)

Yup. And you just made me realize that I should mention that I often ride 10 minutes or so before I "Go" on Zwift and then just throw that biking time away. It never gets added to my Training Peaks totals when it actually should.

I rode this morning, but watching Youtube instead of Zwift. And of course I kept my warmup time as part of the whole ride. But since I was able to hit the lap button after I was warmed up, I was able to keep my workout numbers separate from my warmup numbers and was better off for it. When you have your sh*tty warmup numbers embedded in your actual workout, you overcompensate and then start leading down the path to overtraining.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah, strava mobile sucks for analyzing power. even if you pay for premium you still don't get the file or the curve.

maybe set your strava to automatically make all of your workouts private, then you can just make the race public? I am thinking of doing the same and only making hard workouts public. nobody cares about seeing easy workouts anyways. one thing i'm not sure of though is will those workouts still show up in your mileage totals?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this is where trainerroad appears to definitely have the edge on zwift. warmups are always built in and it automatically "laps" when appropriate. so all of your interval data is easily analyzed in training peaks or strava desktop.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Layer perfpro on top.

:)
Quote Reply